UPS contract breach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SevenDos said:
I think some of you UPS guys forgot where you came from. Did any of you ever climb the food chain, or were all you guys born with a pilot's licence and a brown uniform?

Thanks, but I don't work for UPS. I was responding to a smart mouth, J-Lo wannabe who needs a personality makeover.

pilotman700 said:
I don't belive I've crossed any line, but I think your DO made a certain list....

What have I said that is untrue? Your airline is filled with guys fired from other 727 companies, scabs, and guys who paid uncle Tony and uncle Henry 30k for thier seat. (One of em' even drug a slat on 742RW in ELP on a calm day!)

Your great company furloughed 15 guys about 3.5 years ago to hire 15 PFT guys! What a class act!!

and don't give us that "where are we supposed to build time" bull-hockey

you know you work for a sumbag, you just don't want to admit it, it must hurt your ego...

I guess you hired on with a legacy carrier the day after you got your private. Oh yeah, 50% pay cuts and loss of most pensions makes those carriers even better. Every airline has good and bad times. Yes CAT is a dirtbag operator, but still a good time builder. Not every ACMI pilot is a scab and a dirbag. Believe it or not there are a few that just need to build time, and need to earn a living. Most pilots have to work some crappy jobs to land their dream job. It is just a part of paying your dues.

27 driver said:
I guess you hired on with a legacy carrier the day after you got your private. Oh yeah, 50% pay cuts and loss of most pensions makes those carriers even better. Every airline has good and bad times. Yes CAT is a dirtbag operator, but still a good time builder. Not every ACMI pilot is a scab and a dirbag. Believe it or not there are a few that just need to build time, and need to earn a living. Most pilots have to work some crappy jobs to land their dream job. It is just a part of paying your dues.

Then where are you going to go?

latinachick said:
why dont u stick to ur "barbie jets" that pay u 20,000 a year and let us "big boys" take care of our business! i gotta wonder what a person like u is doing stuck in barbie dream jet at 4000 hours....u wreak of a first officer...says a lot about you....so how does it feel to make the money that you do and have to get food stamps to survive? we take on more fuel than what ur gross take off weight is!

p.s. i didnt pay for training but thanks for caring!

OMFG, look at you, less than a year flying sideways in a 727 and already consider yourself a "big boy".

Get over yourself already...

Pedro said:
OMFG, look at you, less than a year flying sideways in a 727 and already consider yourself a "big boy".

Get over yourself already...

She won't be hard to pick out.... latin, female, low time f/e at CAT. Try to get a job at UPS....HAHAHAHAHAHA! We've put the word out about the Menlo contractors to HR.

FreightNazi said:
She won't be hard to pick out.... latin, female, low time f/e at CAT. Try to get a job at UPS....HAHAHAHAHAHA! We've put the word out about the Menlo contractors to HR.

It was not so long ago that some of the UPS guys on this thread said that they did not wish any ill will on any pilots. I would have thought that a company like UPS would hire people who meet their quals no matter where they come from. If you put a ban on all Menlo contractors than so be it. UPS isn't the only good place to work. We contractors did not have anything to do with UPS buying Menlo nor UPS management breaching your contract. Whether you believe it or not, there are a lot of good people who are contractors at CAT, Express Net and the likes.

27 driver said:
It was not so long ago that some of the UPS guys on this thread said that they did not wish any ill will on any pilots. I would have thought that a company like UPS would hire people who meet their quals no matter where they come from. If you put a ban on all Menlo contractors than so be it. UPS isn't the only good place to work. We contractors did not have anything to do with UPS buying Menlo nor UPS management breaching your contract. Whether you believe it or not, there are a lot of good people who are contractors at CAT, Express Net and the likes.

OK I tried to stay out of this because I think a lot of it is just flame bait. You are correct the TRUE UPS pilots don't wish any harm on anyone, however we also can't stand for our contract to be violated. If we do what is the point of having a contract. A lot of us did climb the ladder and had to build time to get here and are thankful for the opportunity to work here. The Menlo/Contract carrier thing is an unfortunate thing, but on the flip side it does provide for more jobs at UPS and hopefully we can continue to hire quality people wherever they come from. I like they saying .."your attitude in life almost always determines your altitude" Good luck to all you CAT guys etc, I remember being on the other side not too long ago.

airwillydrvr said:
OK I tried to stay out of this because I think a lot of it is just flame bait. You are correct the TRUE UPS pilots don't wish any harm on anyone, however we also can't stand for our contract to be violated. If we do what is the point of having a contract. A lot of us did climb the ladder and had to build time to get here and are thankful for the opportunity to work here. The Menlo/Contract carrier thing is an unfortunate thing, but on the flip side it does provide for more jobs at UPS and hopefully we can continue to hire quality people wherever they come from. I like they saying .."your attitude in life almost always determines your altitude" Good luck to all you CAT guys etc, I remember being on the other side not too long ago.

Finally a post that is not negative. Every reasonable person at cat fully expects UPS to fly their own freight as soon as you get the crews and equiptment. I am just about sick of DAY anyway. It is time for some change. Just understand that it is not the pilots of CAT and other contractors doing the Menlo flying that breached your contract. We are just doing the same job that we have been doing for years. As I understand it you will be compensated for the contract breach. A true win win situation. Yes I would love to be able to wear a brown uniform, more imporantly receive a brown paycheck, but it is not in the cards just yet. I would hope that UPS will still consider CAT pilots just as anyone else who meets their quals.

FreightNazi said:
UPS has not hired one CAT pilot or any other contractor since we resumed hiring a year ago.

There was a Kitty Hawk pilot in the very first class back in November. In the same class was a pilot from Express.net. And another from Planet Airways. Multiple other pilots have come from Atlas, Polar, and Ryan Int'l.

Latest resources

Back