• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Domestic reserve life is by far the best quality of life I have ever experienced. Below is the time away from base for multiple fleets, domestic reserve.
This is for the last 3 weeks and is only one sampling of F.O. reserves, reserve A.

DC-8: 11 crewmembers below 116 hours, with the majority of those being below 60 hours.

727: 11 below 93, with the majority being 60 hours

A300: 12 below 100. The average is a little higher on this fleet.

757: average is around 130-140.

The highest I saw was 273, so that means this person was gone 11.3 days.
A vast majority have only been gone 4.2 days.

I am home so much, I think my wife is calling scheduling trying to find me a trip. I spoke to a guy in my class who said he didn't stay in a hotel for 5 months, and this is on reserve.

If you want to live in Louisville, you can have a fantastic quality of life.

Qol

Thanks Upsers. All good info to ponder. I'd hate to look back and see I had missed the early years of the children for any company.

Looks like some good choices and flexibility.

Is the 757Z a seperate bid from the 757 in ONT? Are you in a different group, or can you bid some domestic, then switch to Intnl if it works for you?

Just curious, the HR rep mentioned 75 in SDF had domestic and Z spots available, kinda sounds like you stay on one side of the fence.

Just curious, the HR rep mentioned 75 in SDF had domestic and Z spots available, kinda sounds like you stay on one side of the fence.

In SDF, the 757 is divided into two separate categories....domestic and international. You can be awarded one, or the other.....not both. In ONT, there is only one 757 category, and you can fly both international and domestic.

I start class on the 26th and was wondering how long new hires can expect to sit on reserve? I know it's probably different in each fleet, but what is a good ballpark figure. Thank You

all the international trips are not two weeks long. In z you can fly mexico two day trips to your hearts content and be home every day.

The tension between management and the real pilots <G> is there, but only at the higher levels and it doesn't mean a thing to your day to day job. Come on in, the waters fine!

Not just Mex and Can stuff, there are 4-5 day Europe trips on the Z too. If you live in or near PHL or EWR these are the trips to get. You will shave off 2 days and be at home. Turns a 5 day trip into 3, or a 12 day trip into 9-10.

⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐;1256727 said:
Also, I’d love for each passenger seat to have a tiny electrical fence built into the armrests!

This way all the 5’ tall and 6‘wide chunky ladies and the 6’tall and 5’wide fata** men would get a “friendly” reminder each time a part of their body takes an excursion into the other seat!

I think I'll send this to our suggestion box. Great idea.

I start class on the 26th and was wondering how long new hires can expect to sit on reserve? I know it's probably different in each fleet, but what is a good ballpark figure. Thank You

Yes, can anyone venture to guess how long reserve will be for the SDFZ?

Latest resources

Back