• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Bases (Fleet Question)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering, is it possible to live in Boston and commute to SDF or is that out of the question. Are they thinking about opening up more domiciles?

Here my 2¢'s. Commuting out of BOS, no problem. UPS flies its own A-300 to/from SDF-BOS. The company (your employer), normally is the best way to commute. However, the Jumpseat might sometimes be full, so be ready to leave earlier. Then the Pax carriers will have to do it, else driving.
Other domiciles, unlikely for now.

Here my 2¢'s. Commuting out of BOS, no problem. UPS flies its own A-300 to/from SDF-BOS. The company (your employer), normally is the best way to commute. However, the Jumpseat might sometimes be full, so be ready to leave earlier. Then the Pax carriers will have to do it, else driving.
Other domiciles, unlikely for now.

Do you have a website to look up UPS flights?

I am no expert on the subject. But I belive UPS does not publishes/disseminates its flying schedule. After all, it is a package delivery company.
Now, if you know someone at UPS, he/she can help to let you see the options available, but those can change as required by the bottom line (i.e. profit$).
Any helps of insights by others are welcomed.

One way to find out UPS flights is to go to flightaware.com and look for flights from say, BOS to SDF like this example:

http://flightaware.com/live/findflight/KBOS/KSDF

Now, that takes a bit of sleuthing as it is only historical - plus you don't know what days it will operate, but it's a start. Or you can search by airline:

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/UPS

Anyway - Fedex has their schedules available through a jumpseat finder, but I've never seen one for UPS.

Tanner...

Under the current agreement for EDW flights (basically next day air domestic) you have to take the comml that gets in at least 18 hours prior to duty.

What does EDW mean? I just interviewed and noticed this in something else I was reading.

Thanks.

EDW, early duty window, trips opperate between 2:00 and 4:59 am LOCAL domicile time.

i have no idea why there is a smilly face, but that is 2 AM

Latest resources

Back