Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wings421

Just playin' possum
Do all of the aircraft types have a crew base in SDF?

Which aircraft has the "lion's share" of the flying out of there?

How about MIA, ONT (aircraft types based there)?

ANC is planned to be MD-11/747-400 only correct?

Does anyone have the time to do a breakdown of the number of crewmembers on each aircraft at each base?

Thanks

Do you have heavy time and international experience? If not, don't bother applying. They are only hiring guys with the above.

ups

wings421...

First of all, ignore guat...the rest of us do. Not sure what his major malfunction is (there is more than one I'm sure) but he doesn't play well with others.

Right now, every a/c type is represented in SDF Additionally, ONTand MIA are 757/767 domiciles. ANC will be opening next bid for MD11's. The 747-400's are also slated to be domiciled in ANC as well.

As far as the "lion's share" of the flying, the 757/767 does most of it from SDF and SDFZ (international). The growth fleet is the MD11 (due to the international growth). As far as a breakdown in crewmembers, I would have to do some tortured math...suffice it to say that the smallest groups are on the 727/dc8/747 classic.

Hope this helps.

Aviator7576

Do guys from any of the UPS feeder routes make it directly into UPS? Out of a 1900, Metroliner or '99?

Aviator 7576 thanks for the reply.

What would a middle of the road line holder's schedule look like on the 757/767 if they wanted to stay domestic out of SDF (start/end times, days off, trip length, etc..)? I'm still a few years from being able to apply, however, I'm just trying to learn as much about UPS as I can.

Thanks again.

schedule

wings421...

As a middle of the pack line holder domestic, you could hold a lot of turns out of SDF most any reserve (next day or second day) and most of the week on/week off lines. All domestic lines have commercials to position if they don't operate live out of SDF. If you live in SDF, you have virtually your pick of any type of flying you prefer. As a commuter, the week on/week off works better (fewer commutes).

Aviator7576

Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone about Louisville. We don't want anyone else living there. Now Memphis, there's a great city. Easy commute too.

wings421...

As a middle of the pack line holder domestic, you could hold a lot of turns out of SDF most any reserve (next day or second day) and most of the week on/week off lines. All domestic lines have commercials to position if they don't operate live out of SDF. If you live in SDF, you have virtually your pick of any type of flying you prefer. As a commuter, the week on/week off works better (fewer commutes).

Aviator7576
When you have such a line (wk on wk off), can you leave on Mon. as oppose to taking the CML DH on Sun. w/ a 27 hr. layover? How does the co. look at that as long as you are rested?

Latest resources

Back