• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS App.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Received an e mail from UPS today, to the effect that the flight officer position I applied for was filled. Anyone else receive an e mail in the past few days to that end?

Does it mean a slow down in hiring, purge of the app's, any ideas?
I also received this email today. My guess is that they have purged the apps. They told me when I interviewed in Nov. that if I was not selected to re-apply in January.

Received the following e-mail from ups-hrx today...

" The "Flight Officer" job you have inquired about has been filled. You may go to http://www.upsjobs.com and check for other opportunities with ups. "

I went to the link, signed in and followed the directions to access my app., only there was no link to access my app.

I clicked on the "apply now" link entered my basic contact info and received this message from the website...

" Our system has retained the information you previously supplied. Your information, along with the information supplied by other job applicants, will be considered when UPS jobs become available. Thank you for continuing to consider UPS as an employer. "

Last edited:
I got the same email saying
" The "Flight Officer" job you have inquired about has been filled. You may go to http://www.upsjobs.com and check for other opportunities with ups. "

Went to my online app, updated it with my freshly inked 1st class medical date and the site seemed to work like it always has. I've never interviewed nor have I been called.... what does it all mean? Just a computer thing I am guessing.

flight officer position I applied for was filled

Guys & gals – this is just a very uneducated guess but here it goes. When UPS announced a couple of years ago that they’d resume hiring initially they said 100 pilots would be hired. Eventually they upped the number to an additional 200 or so (see the Press Release from 2005). The extra numbers were still a part of the old hiring “announcement” and thus the old “job code” had not been filled.

2005 Press Releases

UPS to Hire 200 New Pilots

LOUISVILLE, Feb. 10, 2005 – UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced it will hire an additional 200 pilots to support the growth and expansion of its air business.
This announcement brings the total number of UPS’s new pilot hires to 300 when combined with the 100 new pilot hires the company announced in October 2004. The company expects to complete its hiring process by the end of the year.
UPS’s decision to hire additional pilots is driven by several business factors including attrition and recent aircraft acquisitions. The company continues to evaluate staffing levels to meet the needs of its business.

Now that they’ve filled those numbers, it is correct that “the positions have been filled” however I bet you within weeks or so, you’ll see another announcement on more Pilot hiring and there will be yet another listing to the position with a new job code, etc.

Not sure if you’ll have to reapply then or if your old application will still remain in the system, but it is possible that the “new” online application system will be purged once a year or so, and you’ll need to reapply again (that’s why I always saved all my “old” applications). Btw., I’ve been told in the past that online recommendations must be renewed once a year, or they’ll be purged; maybe it’ll be the same way for the new online application?

Sorry about all the confusion, at least you’ll have a great conversation subject at the next job fair - ask the HR recruiters about it and show them you are staying proactive and try to follow their directions verbatim. Hang in there guys & gals and hopefully it’ll work out for all of you very soon!

Btw, I saw an earlier post in this thread with a link to the online application. I clicked on it and it seems to be working, so maybe they’re not “advertising” the position anymore, but it’s still there?

They told me when I interviewed in Nov. that if I was not selected to re-apply in January.

Dr. Beeper – I am pretty sure you must wait at least 6 months before you can reapply – even if the application got accepted, they will not review it until at 6 months mark at the earliest. A friend just checked on that on behalf of his guard unit buddy – they said 6 months – no exceptions! March is just around the corner, hang in there!

Last edited:
⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐;1218473 said:
They told me when I interviewed in Nov. that if I was not selected to re-apply in January.

Dr. Beeper – I am pretty sure you must wait at least 6 months before you can reapply – even if the application got accepted, they will not review it until at 6 months mark at the earliest. A friend just checked on that on behalf of his guard unit buddy – they said 6 months – no exceptions! March is just around the corner, hang in there!
I interviewed in early November and was told the exact same thing - I could reapply in January. I was surprised, because it was such a short time away, but that's what the lady said as she was processing my paperwork. I did not ask her when I could reapply - she volunteered the info.

That being said, I haven't figured out how to reapply yet. Maybe she had incorrect info.

Latest resources

Back