• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS App. Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you have a prior application on file, from last year, do you still need to reapply? I updated my previous application, but it is listed for a second officer.

Yes! UPS only uses the latest application to determine who gets an interview. Any old applications in the system are useless; although it may show continued interest if anybody cares to look. Good luck!

Yes! UPS only uses the latest application to determine who gets an interview. Any old applications in the system are useless; although it may show continued interest if anybody cares to look. Good luck!

Well, not if you can log in and update the old one...

Well, not if you can log in and update the old one...
I was told you can update the old one all you like and it will do you no good. I know that when I interviewed I had applications still active and updated from previous windows and they used the one from the current window; that was a few months ago. Even to this day I can still update those old ones. I certainly could be wrong but that is what I have heard and witnessed with my application. It seems to have something to do with the way they (or the computer) selects candidates. AV80R might be right who really knows!

I was told you can update the old one all you like and it will do you no good. I know that when I interviewed I had applications still active and updated from previous windows and they used the one from the current window; that was a few months ago. Even to this day I can still update those old ones. I certainly could be wrong but that is what I have heard and witnessed with my application. It seems to have something to do with the way they (or the computer) selects candidates. AV80R might be right who really knows!
Until a few weeks ago I believed exactly what you’d said. However, recently a friend of a friend got an interview and he only had an “old” application that was updated. Last time he actually “applied” was in the spring of 2006 so now I am even more confused. On the “other” site we have a thread running where a person who knows someone at the HR department will try to dispel some of the rumors. I’m really looking forward to what he finds out…

That would be great if you could find out the truth. I am sure there are alot of great pilots waiting in the wings that would love to know what they need to do. Thanks for the info.

That would be great if you could find out the truth. I am sure there are alot of great pilots waiting in the wings that would love to know what they need to do. Thanks for the info.
You bet ya - I've always thought it's best to get your info straight from the source...

Hi.......

1) Does anyone know how it works after a buddy of yours at UPS puts in your information................... but you have already put in the application for the 2007 position?
He doesn't know of any "invitation code".
He says they link his recommendation up with your resume but doesn't know how.

2) The 2007 application will not let me go into it to makes sure it is updated with my uploaded resume because it says "On File".

Does that mean the resume must have been uploaded for it to say complete and "On File"?

3) Just what does "Active" and "On File" mean?

I know it was asked here before but I can't seem to find it and am busy outside working on a project.

If someone already answered the or these questions could u direct me to it in exchange for a beer. =o)

Oooops going back and reading I see some of the questions are being discussed but not all of them.

Oooops going back and reading I see some of the questions are being discussed but not all of them.

The owner of the "other" site works for UPS and he'll try to answer many of those questions this week when he meets up with the HR. There's a whole new thread over there with people asking him to forward their questions to the HR...Yours looks like one of the questions I saw earlier being posted...

Latest resources

Back