• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS App. Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a problem filling out aircraft flight time. It only gave you a choice of something like jet, or ME Turbine. So if I were to add a single engine plane, I only had those 2 choices to use. So If I comes down to an interview, hopefully I can get that cleared up..

Read the notes above the aircraft section. They only want up to 12 jet and/or ME turboprop aircraft submitted. It doesn't ask for piston.

Section II: Flight Time In this next section you will provide additional information about your flight time. When recording flight time, please note the following:
  • All flight time must be substantiated by certified Flight Records.
  • Be as accurate as possible.
  • Do not record fractional hours. Round to the nearest whole hour.
  • Do not add military conversion.
  • List all fixed-wing jet aircraft and all fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop aircraft flown up to a maximum of twelve aircraft.
  • List all aircraft in order flown beginning with the most recent.
  • UPS considers Instructor/Evaluator time as PIC time. List the PIC and Instructor/Evaluator time separately in the appropriate columns.
  • Relief pilot time does not count as PIC time.
  • Pilot-In-Command (PIC) time must meet all three requirements as outlined in FAR 1.1 'Definitions' listed below.
  • Pilot-In-Command (PIC) means the person who:
    1) Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight;
    2) Has been designated as the pilot in command before or during the flight; and
    3) Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight.

After I finished the app, I got the following message: Thank You
spacer.gif
"We have received and reviewed your background application information. Unfortunately, we currently have many qualified applicants and will not be able to schedule you for additional testing at this time. Thank you for your interest in UPS."

That's GOOD, right?

Hope I'm wrong but I think it means you "didn't pass" one of the questions, whatever that might have been...

I received the same message after filling out my application and asked the question on another board.

There were a few different answers to me, but a couple of pilots claimed to get an interview offer after that message, sometimes within a week or two.

I wish it let me do the second evaluation, but maybe we haven't quite been shot down yet..... I'm hoping.

guam,

The only reason I ask is because I also got the above mentioned reply, and have been wondering what triggered it.

Maybe I missed something when filling out the app, I dont know.

I have heard that they have gone to some kind of a randomized selection method. So maybe everybody who is qualified gets that message, and then they run another sort of the qualified applicants, and then some get scheduled for further testing. I think recs only matter after you have been randomly selected.

Ok guys. I received the following message at the end of my App. to schedule an interview with HR. Any thoughts; good or bad?

Schedule An Appointment
spacer.gif

The next available appointment is on:
There are no more appointments available.

Thanks

Ok guys. I received the following message at the end of my App. to schedule an interview with HR. Any thoughts; good or bad?

Schedule An Appointment
spacer.gif

The next available appointment is on:
There are no more appointments available.

Thanks
The schedule an appointment function does not apply to pilots. Everyone who pushes that button gets the same message.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I would jst have to kick myself if I mess this up.

If you have a prior application on file, from last year, do you still need to reapply? I updated my previous application, but it is listed for a second officer.

Latest resources

Back