• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upgrade time at SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did anybody stop to think that 7s3w7a doesn't really work for Southwest? I don't think he's given any information that would truly show he works for Southwest.

7S3W7A said:
Now I know why people are leaving for jetBlue.

There is nothing wrong with not being happy with a company. You really have some issues with the working environment at SWA. Life is short. Our work life controls most of our entire life. If I were you I would consider a company that fits more of what I expect in a career. SWA's culture is not going to change very easily for you so I would choose a culture that fits more into your personality. Its tough to make that kind of change, but worth the while. I did the same thing 11 years ago and have zero regrets. Always have.

Good luck.

Respectfully,

SWAdude

Spectre said:
7s3w7a=GENERAL LEE

This guy may have one over me but he did have some details that seemed convincing.

Lets see if he responds to a test.

7s3w7a..

What is the most current hot topic on our union web site?

Times up.

You were on here for 30 minutes with no answer.

In my opinion this is not an SWA pilot. It was a very easy answer to obtain.

He threatened to send a worm or virus to another poster on another thread. I have a feeling he's going to the box soon.

Thanks, I would like to retire at age 60 but now I won't be able to.--->Why? You can leave anytime you want....nobody will be holding you back. In fact, I see guys leaving before age 60....it's called "early retirement."
You think when our hedge runs out we are going to be expanding like gangbusters? I don't know but when our hedge runs out after 06' the first order of business won't be to spend money on things like new planes and airports.--->You mean the hedges actually go away completely? They aren't being re-worked...even as we speak? (or type)

Tejas

7S3W7A said:
Yeah, here at SWA we aren't allowd to express opinions againts the senior guys. You think censorship goes on on this board just speak out against the age 60 rule at SWA or junior bashing that occurs with sideletters. Don't even think about speaking against the $160k stolen out of our pockets. It's okay because senior guys make the money and junior guys are working extra days.

Now I know why people are leaving for jetBlue.

I am junior here and this place rocks! I love it amd IF you are really a SWA pilot you should get help. If you are this miserable here you may have a chemical imbalance.

In terms of being censored I expressed my opinion on the age 60 rule (my opposition to SR65) and I recieved thoughtful replies. You on the other hand respond to people who dissagree with you by hurling insults.

Whatever the case you contiue to demostrate terrible taste and judgement by airing our dirty laundry on this forum. Give it a rest. I await your next insult.

Tejas-Jet said:
Thanks, I would like to retire at age 60 but now I won't be able to.--->You mean the hedges actually go away completely? They aren't being re-worked...even as we speak? (or type)

Tejas

Um, no, I guess you don't understand hedges. You can't "rework" them. Most of the hedges the airlines do are simply futures contracts. A futures contract is today's spot price, which is around $59/bbl, plus the cost of interest on the money for the lengh of the futures contract.

So, there isn't some special place that only LUV knows about to go buy oil for less than $59/bbl. They might be hedging some at $59+, but probably not too much.

Latest resources

Back