• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Updated SWA New Hire info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
any idea why they are only having one class for July? Just trying to figure out why the jumping around from 3-1....Hopefully classes will pick back up in august. DO they usually slow training down around summer or over the holidays for future classes? thanks for any insight

They usually go gang busters for the spring and then slow down to about half speed in the summer.

Summer is our toughest season for manning, so the spring classes help us out.

Great info, anymore info or chages from the July or Aug classes?

Gents,

I just finished IOE yesterday, what a great company.

This data is a week old (7 Aug) but Pd lined up three class in August, two in Sept and potentially one in October. from everything I've heard, that will be it until year end. Beyond a month or so the class dates and numbers seem pretty flexible (not a lot of definitive answers).

HuronIP,

I've done the Dal-LAS trip a few times and it's either a two or three hopper through ABQ, Midland, or ELP (sometimes PHX). If you pick up a SWA schedule (May book I think is the latest last time I checked), this will give you a good idea on the number and frequency of flights. It has typically taken about 6 hours travel time to get from DAL to LAS. The flights are pretty full so expect to sit on the jump seat. The jump seat is a good place to watch what's going on, I learned a lot from the line crews while in training and they are great about offering tips and having you help out with the OPC (performance computer).

Best of luck,

Tonka

Congrats.
Do you go by tonka?

TillerTurner,

I do, but it's a call sign from another job and another airplane.

In the military you pick up a call sign and after that most dudes don't remember your real first name. That's not a big deal unless some one with the same call sign does something really crazy and then every one is like yeah I think I know that guy.

IMHO their are two kind of guys that fly fighters, those that fly the plane well and take pride in what the're doing and except all the other things that come with it and then there are the ones that attach their sense of self worth and identity to the plane they fly. Nuff said about the latter, that's normally where the stories that begin with "I knew this fighter pilot and he was such an @$$" come from".

If you have any specific questions about SWA or training feel free to PM me.

Best regards,

Tonka

Wondering out loud.
Will once over guys get another look once interviewing resumes? Given the reduced need for pilots with the reduction in planned deliveries I wonder if they PD will show preference to first timers at the expense of others.

IMO, the PD has generally kept a "ratio" type system of backgrounds including those that have interviewed more than once. Although they may not be interviewing the numbers they have in the past, they probably still keep a certain "percentage" of those that have interviewed before. Then again, I may be totally wrong. I don't really see much changing other than the number that is interviewed.

Latest resources

Back