• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Updated SWA New Hire info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to resurrect this slightly old thread, but...

I am waiting on a class date and was curious about where I stand in the pool. They told us that the typed folks go in the pool based on interview date, and the non-typed go in when they are typed. What if the next board (wasn't there one yesterday June 18th?) is AFTER my type date? Do these folks that get selected also get a class date before me? Or do they go behind me? I've heard some conflicting reports and was hoping someone could clear it up. Thanks for any info!

If you get hired and have a type at that time you are in the pool before anyone who got hired without the type and got it after you were interviewed.

Just got out of DAL training and I can tell ya that for right now there is a class starting next week and one planned for sometime in July - none in August...

-PB

Just spoke with PD today about this very issue. For people typed prior to interview your pool seniority is you interview date. I also confirmed the ONLY class in July is the 18th. SM said they had planned two, thought about 3 and then decided on only one. Tentatively 2 for August at this point but will not be firm until 1st week or two of July.

Does anyone have any idea how hard it would be to commute from Dallas to Vegas? Also, at SWA can you pick up additional trips that don't originate in your domicile or do all of your trips have to originate and terminate in your domicile?

Last edited:
How big is the Vegas domicile going to be? Is it going to go pretty senior? Vegas would work out pretty good for me, so I was wondering how long it would be before a newhire could get back there.

CD

Lots of the old head captains I've flown with seem to think it'll go pretty junior for FO's and that upgrade could be quicker there. (Just line rumors though.)

I think the vacancy bid for Vegas is due in another month or so...we should know more by August!!!

Wow, an actual thread that is informative and not injected with a bunch of "my airline can beat up your airline" jargon.

Thanks to the original OP!!!

Does anyone have any idea how hard it would be to commute from Dallas to Vegas? Also, at SWA can you pick up additional trips that don't originate in your domicile or do all of your trips have to originate and terminate in your domicile?

Don't know about the specific Dallas to Vegas commute, however, Vegas loads are traditionally pretty high for all airlines.

You can pick up trips in other domiciles, but you bid for open time trips using your system seniority. Anyone in the domicile the trip originates from has priority over you. Many people do it and it works out fine.

Don't know about the specific Dallas to Vegas commute, however, Vegas loads are traditionally pretty high for all airlines.

You can pick up trips in other domiciles, but you bid for open time trips using your system seniority. Anyone in the domicile the trip originates from has priority over you. Many people do it and it works out fine.

Thanks for the info. I'm new to the airline thing and just by reading on here I have a lot to learn.

any idea why they are only having one class for July? Just trying to figure out why the jumping around from 3-1....Hopefully classes will pick back up in august. DO they usually slow training down around summer or over the holidays for future classes? thanks for any insight

Latest resources

Back