• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Updated and Accurate Lynx Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
is there any info on what 2-10th year pay will be? Also, what is the per diem rate? And what is the logic behind only paying 35 hours while in training?
-Blucher

I will get an answer this week for ya. They are paying 40 hrs credit during training. I am not sure if that will change after we are hold a certificate. I know the training department is working toward having more and more new hire training in Denver rather than Toronto. Again, things are changing often as needed.

Right now everyone is working in preparation for the proving runs and certificate deadlines. The 1st aircraft arrival coming quickly and we are gearing up for it. Soon after it is here- the second one is right behind it. There will be a handful of cadre pilots selected for the proving runs.

Cloud F9,

Thank you, I look forward to hearing more about it. I still firmly believe these aircraft should be flown by pilots on the F9 seniority list (as should the 'regional jets' they're outsourcing), but I looks as though that ship has sailed. At any rate I certainly hope this strategy helps keep F9 alive and even (dare I say it?) profitable in the near and distant future. Good luck.

-Blucher

I know for a fact that they have been interviewing for the past 6-9 months. The fact that they have a total of 30 new hires should tell you something about the situation. Before you consider the "stability" of lynx, every potential applicant needs to read the last four quarters of financials for frontier, at a minimum. F9 has lost 60 million dollars over the past 36 months and has seen their debt to equity skyrocket to 80%, the third highest in the entire industry. Is a turboprop feed to and from the mountains a great idea, sure. Is lynx the synthesis and execution of this great idea, not even close. Just my two cents. Good luck to everyone involved.

Oh yeah, I forgot to chime in on the "DO and chief get to decide who upgrades" goat roap. Let me get this straight, you are barely going to pay me during training, I am taking on ALL the risk joining the TEAM, and when my number comes up I have to kiss your arse from here to next week if I want a chance to make a livable wage? Where do I sign up?

Hey all. I just wanted to send out some real info on Lynx. I know there isn't much out there yet- but coming soon. This is intended to get real information out there for people to draw there own conclusions & not a flame war.

As you know they are continuing to hire - CA and FOs. Apply through Careerbuilder.com
Average 10 pilots per class.. with basically one class per month.

70 hr guar. Training in Toronto, Canada.
Denver based.
First plane arriving on property July 20. AC #2 & 3 following quickly thereafter. 10 aircraft due by end of December. Options for 10 more.

Chief Pilot -- Dana Floyd

Passenger service forcasted in mid August. 650 nm radius from DEN. Destinations to be announced soon.

Looking for experienced pilots - especially with mountain flying experience and turboprop time. Dash experience a big plus. FOs could potentially upgrade quickly. Jet time and EFIS/FMS also helpful.

This is still a start up operation - so everything is not silky smooth. This place has a huge potential to really take off and grow into a large & successful operation. If you are interested in being based in Denver and working for a company with the same ethics as Frontier- then do apply. The flying is going to be lots of fun and the people are great.

Interview- the interview profile is constantly changing - so stay tuned.

Post any questions you may have - will do my best to give you a real solid answer. As with any forum - the info out there is questionable. I feel the primary reason is to help your peers to follow the paths that fit each individual.

Safe Travels!

I have been watching careerbuilder.com for a while...where is Lynx Aviation? It is not under "L" (there is another company named Lynx), and not listed under Frontier Airlines. How does someone apply?

Also, in training is pay 70hrs or 40hrs?

I have been watching careerbuilder.com for a while...where is Lynx Aviation? It is not under "L" (there is another company named Lynx), and not listed under Frontier Airlines. How does someone apply?

On careerbuilder.com search for jobs in Westminster, CO and Pilot in the Keywords.

40 hrs during training + $55/day per diem while in Toronto for 3-4 weeks. Rental Car shared b/n 4 pilots.

Good Luck

Last edited:
More info

Search careerbuilder.com for DENVER and LYNX Should have numerous positions posted.

Training credit is 40hrs currently. Unknown at this time if that will stay after certification. The perdiem and car is correctly stated above.

I am collecting HR new hire packet info as well. Stay tuned.

That's a nice touch, I didn't even realize that was a baby lynx. Now that everyone seems to be slowing down on the 1st year pay arguments, is there any info on what 2-10th year pay will be? Just curious because it seems to me that arguing over 1st year captain's pay is silly due to the fact that almost nowhere are there 1st year captains (nor, quite frankly, should there be). Also, what is the per diem rate? And what is the logic behind only paying 40 hours while in training? In my experience training requires far more 'work' than any other part of our job.

-Blucher

I know for a fact that they have been interviewing for the past 6-9 months. The fact that they have a total of 30 new hires should tell you something about the situation. Before you consider the "stability" of lynx, every potential applicant needs to read the last four quarters of financials for frontier, at a minimum. F9 has lost 60 million dollars over the past 36 months and has seen their debt to equity skyrocket to 80%, the third highest in the entire industry. Is a turboprop feed to and from the mountains a great idea, sure. Is lynx the synthesis and execution of this great idea, not even close. Just my two cents. Good luck to everyone involved.

Oh yeah, I forgot to chime in on the "DO and chief get to decide who upgrades" goat roap. Let me get this straight, you are barely going to pay me during training, I am taking on ALL the risk joining the TEAM, and when my number comes up I have to kiss your arse from here to next week if I want a chance to make a livable wage? Where do I sign up?

Well said. Also add the fact that all the regionals are foaming at the mouth for qualified applicants and you have no reason to apply for a job that pays you $840/mo for training.

The pay scales have not been set beyond the 2nd year rate. I feel the management did not want to lock anything in until after Lynx was operational.
This can be good for both sides of the table.
From what I have seen the second year CA is $52/hr. Now this pay rate scale was conceived back in Aug or Sep last year. Right now Lynx is doing its best at keeping the cost as low as possible to get up and running.

I believe the rates will be adjusted appropriately to reflect industry trends later on in the timetable.

As for the 40 hr pay in training - not sure of the reason other than to save some funding until certification. I will look into it some more.

THose pilots that are hired in July or so would theoretically have a shorter wait from day one of indoc until released from IOE. It will get streamlined more and more....

Latest resources

Back