• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Update - US Airways Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and, for that matter, we don't have any idea what DOES exist at USAir these days. Limited idea about payrates, work-rules, benefits, retirement. and we can't even find out what aircraft or domicile we'll be assigned before we accept recall! How exactly are we supposed to make an educated decision?

Do you mean longevity, right, because you have no seniority at the bottom.

Seniority is everything. I saids, whats I saids.

Longevity is like Voltage. Seniority is the Amperage that will kill you.

In regards to being on the bottom... one must then refer to their relative positon as "Juniority". Anything times zero is zero.

P.S. Doug Parker's a drunk.

Do you think that the psychology will change when they begin to work back UP the list again?

I mean let's look at the facts. It's been 5+ years since we were furloughed. We all have other jobs. For most of us we don't NEED to go back immediately (especially at those payrates).

So why not wait and allow a nice cushion of people junior to you to build up? I/E - lots of people passing the first run through the list.

Then, on the "take it or leave it" pass back up, more people will accept since they will have a little bit of built-in seniority?

Or am I grasping at straws?

Seniority is everything. I saids, whats I saids.

Longevity is like Voltage. Seniority is the Amperage that will kill you.

In regards to being on the bottom... one must then refer to their relative positon as "Juniority". Anything times zero is zero.

P.S. Doug Parker's a drunk.

Jackie Childs has returned...:erm:

Jackie Childs has returned...:erm:

Jackie Chiles

Kramer's high profile attorney who's success is stunted by Kramer's mishaps. Jackie has represented Kramer in the Java World case, the Mishke bra case, the tobacco company case & the Good Samaritan Case.
His doctor is Dr. Bison, his secretary is Suzie, he's practiced law for approximately 25 years, he's also the attorney for Kramer's girlfriend Connie, he eventually puts a restraining order against Kramer, he doesnt like cheese and he dated Sidra Holland.

Seniority is everything. That's why.

It might mean everything but it's worth nothing if there isn't the pay,benefits and retirement to go along with it. And trust me when I tell you, there isn't any of that to be had.At least on the scale that you had it prior to 9/11 and your 2 trips through BK court.

PHXFLYR:cool:

if these "greener pastures" you mention seem to be better than what you had at USAir

That is exactly what makes the choice so difficult. What we HAD at USAir, no longer exists.

Then if what you had at USAir no longer exists,what makes the choice about coming back so difficult? Seems to me it would make your choice much more easier,especially if what youre doing now is a better deal,no? Either way, hope you make the decision that's the best for you.

Do you think that the psychology will change when they begin to work back UP the list again?

I mean let's look at the facts. It's been 5+ years since we were furloughed. We all have other jobs. For most of us we don't NEED to go back immediately (especially at those payrates).

So why not wait and allow a nice cushion of people junior to you to build up? I/E - lots of people passing the first run through the list.

Then, on the "take it or leave it" pass back up, more people will accept since they will have a little bit of built-in seniority?

Or am I grasping at straws?

Probably accurate. I expect a higher acceptance on the way up the list. The seniority list will be done. The single contract should be (may be) done shortly after the seniority list. Senior APL pilots will come back with some immediate seniority and avoid bottom reserve.

BTW, are we expecting 26 per month thru December or 26 total through December. Anyone?

Then if what you had at USAir no longer exists,what makes the choice about coming back so difficult? Seems to me it would make your choice much more easier,especially if what youre doing now is a better deal,no? Either way, hope you make the decision that's the best for you.

Well I think the point is that going back to the old U would be an easy decision as it was a great place to work, with great pay, bennies and qol. Now we don't really know what to expect since it seems we'll essentially be working for AWA (where some of us didn't even bother to apply when the Big 6 were hiring so many because it just wasn't at the top of most folks' lists, along with AirTran, Frontier, JB, etc. This isn't meant to be offensive btw, just to offer background as to why it's a bit of a conundrum for some of us in the post 9/11 industry). Plus, until the seniority list and single contract are done it's just a guess as to what the pay and qol will really look like for a LCC pilot.

Just to clarify to a few of you. If an additional amount of recalls are announced, they start at the top of the list again. Not at the point this round of recalls ended. So what we might see (May bid has been rolled over to June) is a 1 month bid with 40 recalls. They start at the top of the list and work down. Then another bid with 80 recalls. Again starting at the top of the list and going down. There are quite a few people that did not chose the Pass till last on list, so who knows what they are thinking. Either way it will be interesting. Remember, everyone thought the first group of 190 f/o recalls would zoom down the list, when in reality, they went pretty senior,

Latest resources

Back