Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhhhh, not really. Flying a 50 seat RJ doesn't mean you can fly a 767. It's not an avionics thing, it's a size thing. Maybe a 717 is close in size, but not all mainline planes. Some current new hires at Delta will be getting 7ER spots because a few were not taken in the last bid. That makes any legacy nervous.

Look turd, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Just because you were hired at 250 hours at ASA doesn't mean DL or any Legacy wants you or your lack of experience. But, you can always tell them about your SIC time in Vietnam, if you can somehow, someday get an interview. You may just want to return to Nam. "chuc may mắn". (Good luck in Vietnamese)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lets see a GA plane weighs what 2500lbs at max gross weight and an CRJ200 weighs 50,000lbs. For a difference of 20X. A 747-400 at about 800,000lbs so divide that by 50,000lbs and you get 16X factor. CRJ new hires do just fine in the CRJ so my bet is with a little training and experience they will and do just fine in the 747, never mind the 76-75 series.
But for you the jump from Dell PC to C172 would be overwhelming if you ever got to soloing, which you won't, you have to fit through the door.....and your bulbous buttocks just wouldn't fit.

And whatever you do don't tell the bunch of SKYW guys over at HAL that they can't fly the 330 overwater....

Last edited:
So with the General's logic that RJ pilots can't handle a 767 I wonder what he thinks about guys that have only flown business jets?

With so little experience at FL510 and Mach 0.92 a pilot transitioning from a Boeing to a Citation X makes us very nervous... Wait. No it doesn't.

I've tried to keep an open mind about you GL but this just doesn't pass the smell test. I know many pilots who have transitioned from business jets to the 747 and back again with zero issues.

I feel confident that RJ pilots have no need to take "baby steps" to the lowly E190 or 737 before transitioning to the holy grail of wide bodies. (sarcasm)

So with the General's logic that RJ pilots can't handle a 767 I wonder what he thinks about guys that have only flown business jets?

With so little experience at FL510 and Mach 0.92 a pilot transitioning from a Boeing to a Citation X makes us very nervous... Wait. No it doesn't.

I've tried to keep an open mind about you GL but this just doesn't pass the smell test
. I know many pilots who have transitioned from business jets to the 747 and back again with zero issues.

I feel confident that RJ pilots have no need to take "baby steps" to the lowly E190 or 737 before transitioning to the holy grail of wide bodies. (sarcasm)

Of course it doesn't. He is not a pilot.

Crew Resources put out their monthly update yesterday for April and on page 2 they addressed Pilot Hiring for 2014. They stated they received approval for 50 per month through April 2015, and they are building a case for 2015 and beyond. They stated that "based on new aircraft deliveries, and age 65 attrition, the training programs will be at "full capacity" for the next 10 to 20 YEARS."

I'd say that is pretty good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sounds like 2000 again! Can't wait to hear him put a good spin on concessions like he did last time.

All things old are new again.

Everyone needs some thick skin around here, but this one went sideways in a hurry.

Ease off the personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back