• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

General Lee

Crew Resources put out their monthly update yesterday for April and on page 2 they addressed Pilot Hiring for 2014. They stated they received approval for 50 per month through April 2015, and they are building a case for 2015 and beyond. They stated that "based on new aircraft deliveries, and age 65 attrition, the training programs will be at "full capacity" for the next 10 to 20 YEARS."

I'd say that is pretty good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Crew Resources put out their monthly update yesterday for April and on page 2 they addressed Pilot Hiring for 2014. They stated they received approval for 50 per month through April 2015, and they are building a case for 2015 and beyond. They stated that "based on new aircraft deliveries, and age 65 attrition, the training programs will be at "full capacity" for the next 10 to 20 YEARS."

I'd say that is pretty good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

All I can say is good luck. At the rate guys are retiring and less plots in the pipe, everyone except FedEx is trying to get the same pilots. We just had two months of bids with 130 737 captains and we are still offering 200% to any captain that picks up a trip. Been trying to hire 60 a month since last year. Gonna be an ugly summer.

GL is it still one and done on the interview?

If you bust the interview portion, I believe so. If you bust the cognitive test then I think you can try again. I would suggest that if anyone gets an interview, invest in one of those prep courses, it very well may be worth it. I think they have examples of types of questions for the interview, and examples of the cog test. Also, make sure you have a clean logbook AND make sure the initial application is clean too. There is no sim ride.

Bye Bye---General Lee

All I can say is good luck. At the rate guys are retiring and less plots in the pipe, everyone except FedEx is trying to get the same pilots. We just had two months of bids with 130 737 captains and we are still offering 200% to any captain that picks up a trip. Been trying to hire 60 a month since last year. Gonna be an ugly summer.

I bet it will be Greenslip city at DL this Summer too. The big 3 should have no problem attracting quality applicants, the airlines that will need to start worrying are the LCCs. All 3 of the big 3 will love to poach pilots from all the LCCs. They know those guys can fly larger planes, and it will cost the LCCs money to upgrade an FO to replace the outgoing Capt, plus they have to add a newhire. That will be the name of the game eventually. I have been advising any Regional FO that can't get PIC now to just apply to the LCCs like JB. They have recently been hiring FOs with no PIC, I suspect because they think they aren't as marketable yet to the big 3 due to lack of PIC, and they might stay awhile to get the upgrade and PIC.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back