Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
I just got the email today for an interview next month. Does anyone have any advice for interview prep? Questions aksed, what kinda of "tell me a story when" ect. Also I heard the sim has a PFD on one side and Gages on the other. Do they care which one you use? Any info would help thanks.

Hey Jack a buddy of mine just interviewed.

The sim is non motion. It is classsssic 8 ball ADI and analog (steam gauges on the left). It has Honeywell Primus 1000 or dam close for the right side.

Everything is set up before you enter the sim. Radios/Courses/etc.

You are given a brief the night before. CheckLists and the profile with the wx.

You are told to work the rest out with your sim partner.

Look it is an easy flying (from what I am told) OLD SII with no motion. It is not a bear or a hand full. You can look around and come back and still be on your heading / Alt / whatever. It is a basic profile.

You take off and climb out, level offs and climbing turns to a level off, then steep turns. Then you are cleared direct to the LOM (an NDB which is already tuned and indentified) to enter holding as published. From that you hold and lose altitude. You then are cleared to the ILS from holding. You land.

Very simple. Not a bear. Just work out your calls.

You are judged on the PF skills as such. ATP and you improved throughout the ride. Saying again, they look to see if you are getting better as you fly this sim for the first time. And, does it look like you could fly to ATP standards. As for the PNF, well CRM and good help for your partner.

I would not fly the sim from the right side. The heading bug is in a tough spot and only the right seater can touch it in its location. And with all the climb and descending turns you will not like it.

My buddy is a glass pilot. He flew the left seat. He said it was very easy to fly. Just remember that the sim will not stay perfectly trimmmmmed. You have to keep an eye on it all the time in that regard. Don't trust that just b/c you trimmed it means that it will stay in a trimmed (sim world) position.

Other than that the forums has a good run down on the interview part from what I am told. I printed it out for him since he doesn't have access to the FI boards.

No pressure. Mostly customer service q's. Very few tech q's.

YMMV

Good Luck.

Go to:

www.aviationinterviews.com and do the free registration. You may have to dig for that, it's not always easy to find.

Look up NetJets and read everything there. That may take hours but you'll have very few surprises at the interview. I interviewed almost 2 years ago and only had 2 questions I hadn't already read about. See if they're still doing the ILS 1 at Wilmington, Delaware. If so you can make a cheat sheet of holding pattern entries based on the heading you find yourself on. When you get cleared to the outer marker to hold you'll probably be close enough you need to go ahead and slow to holding speed.

AirBear

Finally...
App accepted Aug 18th
Interviewing Feb 6/7

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Don't forget to accentuate the customer service stuff. How important they are (what ev) and have some examples of customer service stuff you've had in the past.

Latest resources

Back