unusually sick the first year?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wahoo250

just wondering did anybody else get an unusual amount of colds their first year. Im on number four in four months. I never got sick before this. Just curious...

My mom didn't allow me out of the house unattended during MY first year. No colds either. Musta been the breast milk.

Flyforyou is on the right track. Go to Eckard ( or another drugstore ) and get a box of alcohol wipes. Use those to disinfect the cockpit every time you change airplanes. Also, wash your hands a lot. That should help. The other thing that can help is to take vitamins and eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

TP

wahoo250 said:
just wondering did anybody else get an unusual amount of colds their first year. Im on number four in four months. I never got sick before this. Just curious...

Yeah you may get airline crud for your first year. You'll get sick alot when you have a kid your first year as well. Take Vitamins like Zinc and Vitamin C and some OJ, even if it really does not help, the placebo effect sure will unless you don't believe in anything.

wahoo,

The answer is yes.

What do you think? You are in a tin can with big old fans recirculating the air being shared by every living being onboard.

So yes, you will be sick as a dog your first year.

The good news is that while you feel miserable, you will build up a huge amount of anti-bodies to all sorts of colds and flu's. I was miserably sick in years 1 and 3 on the job. Not much (knock wood) since then.

Wash your hands a lot. The darn control wheel is a breeding ground for everything toxic and sickening - you are touching what every other FO before you has touched - I don't really have to explain to you how different folks conduct their own version of cleanliness do I?

The little sani-naps in the foil pouches - forget the ones with lemon scented soap. Get either the benzo-chloride stuff or just pure old BD alcohol swabs from the pharmacy. Hand sanitizer and other anti-bacterial stuff has run it's course - the germs have already mutated way beyond all that junk. You're left with alcohol, tilex, ammonia and hydrogen peroxide (um, don't mix these OK) if you want to actually clean something.

Get well soon.

Hmmmm... overexposure to "tainted" jet fuel with "secret additives" perhaps?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back