Unusual airline call signs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PSA = Blue streak

That always makes me think of a Smurf who doesn't wipe very well after dropping a deuce. :laugh:

That always makes me think of a Smurf who doesn't wipe very well after dropping a deuce. :laugh:

Just blew a little gin and tonic (Gilbey's because it's cheap...) out my schnozz.

I always liked Springbok (still think South African Airways has the hands-down sweetest looking tail flash of all), thought Speedbird was cool except for the snooty delivery, and Hemmi (for controllers who couldn't pronounce "hemi") would have been great except for those who don't remember the sixties when the 426 Hemi simply ruled.

There's an Air France 4-something flying in the midwest round about midnight that always sounds amazingly like Air Transport something that always gets my goat when I'm half awake.

don't forget "IMPACT", C17's out of charlie south I believe. Always thought that was funny for an airplane callsign

Well, since you went there, I guess if Brown Tail and Blue Streak had merged.....

don't forget "IMPACT", C17's out of charlie south I believe. Always thought that was funny for an airplane callsign

We used to occasionally hear a "Pepsi 51" on JAX Center late at night back in the early 80's. Preferring Pepsi over Coke, I always thought that was pretty neat.

Gotta like Speedbird. Springbok is cool, too. Clipper is perhaps the classiest.

Here's a couple that I always thought would work, but no one asked me:

Cluster
Garbage Can
Superchunk
Dradle
Pork Chop
Shambles
Loss Leader

Any others?

SCR

Cajones!

Latest resources