Unusual airline call signs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Blojob"

-Oh wait-that is really not an airline callsign, that is just Gen Lee's vanity plate.

Just like yours: Urinalcake

You really have to stop bringing them home from your side-job at McRonalds with a packet of ranch sauce. That is disgusting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
springbok is south african... I think it's a native bird down there.

I never quite figured out why Pinnacle's was flagship... I think one of their previous owners was involved with american.

Springbok......named for a gazelle (sp) or an impala native to South Africa.

They do sound cool coming in to JFK.

flagship

Could be something like this.

Once in the day when there were "commuter pilots" there was an outfit called Dolphin Airlines dba. Dolphin Airways with the call sign "flagship".
Metro Airlines started Eastern Metro Express and the former CP at Dolphin went to work there. That CP and several others from Eastern Metro Express then moved on to Republic Express, yada, yada.

It means Royal Flying Company

Here's a toughie for most of us Yanks: What do the initials "KLM" stand for? Bonus points for correct spelling and pronunciation.

CAT-PISS, CAT-TITS, or any other combination of words from the Eastwipes as they choke on the callsign of the little airline that purchased the Titanic..............

:pimp:

Here's a toughie for most of us Yanks: What do the initials "KLM" stand for? Bonus points for correct spelling and pronunciation.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij

translation - Royal Aviation Company

Sounds like "Southwest" only in Dutch.

Gup

Latest resources

Back