• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Used to fly cargo lears using "Grasshopper"

Flying checks in a Rice Rocket in the Midwest- our callsign was "Checkmate"

Fighters out of southern AZ had the callsign - "Webad"

My old Army reserve unit (ch-47) was the hookers. We even tried a t-shirt with a scantilly clad gal with a Chinook in the background but it got nixed.

Hey LR25 where were you based with Grasshopper? I still fly with Will M. and used to fly for Bankair 95 to 99.

I used to fly for a small 135 called Carolina Air Transport call sign CAT Bird.

I never quite figured out why Pinnacle's was flagship... I think one of their previous owners was involved with american.
PCL is the end result of Express 1...a former RepublicExpress out of MEM...mostly on the J-32.

In 02 (when they became PCL) they used Flagship b/c "Pinnacle" was already in use.

Hey, why did the brain trusts of REPUBLIC change Shuttle America's callsign from "SHUTTLECRAFT" (a Star Trek reference) to MERCURY?
Yeah, but for about 3 days they were "Crossroads" which had all kinds of issues at intersections.

They actually asked the pilots; one of the options was "Trinity." How appropriate considering the 'holy' teachings of BB.

PCL is the end result of Express 1...a former RepublicExpress out of MEM...mostly on the J-32.

In 02 (when they became PCL) they used Flagship b/c "Pinnacle" was already in use.

They were flagship when they were Express I. (or maybe you meant they continued to use flagship if so, my bad)

No, its because when you have sex with a Virgin, you get Redwood.

I can't believe they didn't get caught with the connection between virgins and redwood when they asked for the callsign!

Latest resources

Back