Unruly Delta crowds at JFK today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interresting were some of the comments after the article:

"ANYONE who flies these days is a sheep or a fool. These airports treat people like GARBAGE and if you DARE say word one about it, you are told YOU are the problem and then threatened. Screw em, let them go out of business.
I refuse to fly anymore."

"Despite the fact that it will take 7 hours to travel what I could drive in 4.5 hours or fly in 2, I am so glad I'm taking Amtrak home for the holidays.
No gridlock getting out of the city or icy roads. No security lines. And I get to watch Season 5 of "The Office" without being told to turn off my electronic devices."

"A similar situation developed at LAX on Sunday. My son, whose flight from ONT to JFK was among the hundreds of flights canceled in anticipation of the snowstorm, had been advised by Delta staff at ONT to go to LAX ($62 van ride), where he found a line that extended from the terminal outside (into the lovely 62 degree LA weather). While serenely waiting in line for 6-1/2 hours (a kindly Delta agent put him on that evenings redeye for JFK), police were summoned several times to calm the maddened crowd."
This is the new Passenger Bill of Rights that Congress is proposing. It will be be printed out and given to everyone going through security--before their 3 hour "tarmac" delay.

http://namcub.accela-labs.com/pics/itsthatsimple.jpg

Last edited:
No positive spin yet from ACL or the general? I'm shocked...

Last year at this time we would have been DYING for crowds, regardless of their manners. Thank Gawd we have large crowds now! Business is GOOD!

How's that?

Bye Bye--General Lee

No positive spin yet from ACL or the general? I'm shocked...

I will not spin JFK. Our ops suck, or terminals suck, but our gate agents are always top notch. I cannot see us ever dealing well with a situation like this given our current setup.

They're New Yorkers. It's their God-given right to be miserable and to make sure that everyone around them is miserable too.:pimp: Look, you want to get out sooner, don't fly in the Northeast during a snowstorm. Doesn't matter what you are paying; your ticket is not a guarantee to fly. The "me" generation takes one step further towards oblivion.

They're New Yorkers. It's their God-given right to be miserable and to make sure that everyone around them is miserable too.:pimp: Look, you want to get out sooner, don't fly in the Northeast during a snowstorm. Doesn't matter what you are paying; your ticket is not a guarantee to fly. The "me" generation takes one step further towards oblivion.

It was for a flight to Port au Prince. They operate on a little different wavelength than most of the rest of us.

"Despite the fact that it will take 7 hours to travel what I could drive in 4.5 hours or fly in 2, I am so glad I'm taking Amtrak home for the holidays.
No gridlock getting out of the city or icy roads. No security lines. And I get to watch Season 5 of "The Office" without being told to turn off my electronic devices."

I must comment....I have been semi-involuntarily-partially-retired since April of '08.

I have flown twice since then, driven numerous times to destinations I used to try and fly to, and taken Amtrak 2-3 times since then....

Hands down, my travel preferences are in this order:

- Amtrak
- Driving
- Flying

I will pay MORE to take an Amtrak trip than I will to fly...Even if it takes DAYS LONGER. Literally.

I paid $110.00 to fly SWA to Portland Oregon awhile back. I paid $438.00 to return on Amtrak in a Private Berth.

- ORD-Portland 4.8 hours approx.

- Portland-CHI 48 hours.

- Amtrak was TEN times longer and FOUR times more expensive...I'll take Amtrak any day.

22 YEARS AS AN AIRLINE PILOT...AND THIS, UNFORTUNATELY, IS WHAT IT HAS COME TO.

I believe that HalinTexas may be correct in his thinking...And the poster of the above comment is correct, and right on the money.

THIS HAS BECOME UNCIVILIZED. CEASE AND DESIST.

Amtrak....More time, less hassle, better entertainment, more relaxation.

"F" these airlines and their Little Dogs Too....( Oh sorry, that might be you (?))

YKMKR

Last edited:

I must comment....I have been semi-involuntarily-partially-retired since April of '08.

I have flown twice since then, driven numerous times to destinations I used to try and fly to, and taken Amtrak 2-3 times since then....

Hands down, my travel preferences are in this order:

- Amtrak
- Driving
- Flying

I will pay MORE to take an Amtrak trip than I will to fly...Even if it takes DAYS LONGER. Literally.

I paid $110.00 to fly SWA to Portland Oregon awhile back. I paid $438.00 to return on Amtrak in a Private Berth.

- ORD-Portland 4.8 hours approx.

- Portland-CHI 48 hours.

- Amtrak was TEN times longer and FOUR times more expensive...I'll take Amtrak any day.

22 YEARS AS AN AIRLINE PILOT...AND THIS, UNFORTUNATELY, IS WHAT IT HAS COME TO.

I believe that HalinTexas may be correct in his thinking...And the poster of the above comment is correct, and right on the money.

THIS HAS BECOME UNCIVILIZED. CEASE AND DESIST.

Amtrak....More time, less hassle, better entertainment, more relaxation.

"F" these airlines and their Little Dogs Too....( Oh sorry, that might be you (?))

YKMKR
Unfortunately most people aren't retired there, Gramps... If I had the choice I would drive across the country. Unfortunately, I don't have the time. Fortunately, I am not old, like you.

Amtrack goes to Haiti ? Wow, I'd have never guessed they had trains through the Western Atlantic. Who subsidizes that?

Remember the days when you could "jumpseat" on Amtrak? Crew ID and Uniform and you got a ride! (At least between DC and NY) Gotta love the price we pilots pay for (after) 9-11...

Latest resources

Back