• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unofficial SWA app survey?....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't have 500 ME you will get a restricted 737 type.

UNLESS, you pay the extra money and do the bounces in the A/C.
I don't know what it costs extra, but you can get an unrestricted type without 500ME, justs costs more.

hope that helps

13.5, 737 Type, Civi.

Question for those in the know. Will having an ENLISTED military background benefit an applicant? Grunts are special people too!!:D

Learguy

What exactly does that restricted type question mean ? My type on the 737 has a limitation for circling vmc only as circling was not demonstrated on the type ride.

Thanks for the answer,

Typhoonpilot

Interesting. Although I don't have an application on file now, I would have about (round up or down to the nearest thousand hours?) 5.5 points. Three years ago when I did interview with SWA I had 4.5 points.

type

Typhoon: that means that you need to have that restriction removed from your type rating before you are eligible for employment at SW. How to do that I'm not sure, but they are very specific about the type rating being unrestricted. You probably need to demonstrate a circling approach to an FAA examiner in a sim to have that restriction removed.

Good luck.

FJ

type restriction

If you look in the FAR's there is a laundry list of criteria for issuing an unrestricted type rating. On was if you have over 1000 hours in two or more aircraft requiring a type rating and are typed in those aircraft, then your new 737 type rating can be unrestricted. As a military pilot, jet aircraft over 12000 lbs require a type rating and our NATOPS tests are considered equivalent to a type rating. Having over 1000 hours in two different jet aircraft allowed me to receive the unrestricted 737 type. Hopes this helps.

Mil NATOPS Checks

Boz,

Is that true about a NATOPS rating being the equivilent of a Type rating? If so, are you checking "rated" on the SWA app for all the 12,000 lb+ aircraft you flew, are current in, or none at all?

Latest resources

Back