• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unofficial SWA app survey?....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no type yet 2.5 Hey does anyone know a good truck driving school? Maybe 80for80 and I can be class mates.

LOR's, is that 5 LOR's from SWA people?

Fat Bastard is gone....for now

Interesting game. However, I personally spoke to LL last week and she mentioned the fact that SWA looks for leadership experience such as IP time and flight time in large or multi crew aircraft. She also mentioned education. How about points for IP time and Masters degree etc. Good luck everyone.

herc17 said:
Interesting game. However, I personally spoke to LL last week and she mentioned the fact that SWA looks for leadership experience such as IP time and flight time in large or multi crew aircraft. She also mentioned education. How about points for IP time and Masters degree etc. Good luck everyone.

Then take anther point from me now. Here I come 80for80 save a slot for me

Ok, I'll Play

12.5 points (at the time of interview)

Oh, and no four year degree, only .6 jet time.

I'm not sure that this point system is a good indicator of someones chances. Are you 42 y.o. with 2200 t.t., or 27 y.o. with 6000 t.t. ? Single pilot, or two pilot crew? So many variables, so few points.

Good luck to all.

Juan

Last edited:
I would have only had 11.0 points when I applied at the end of September, 2001 (I picked a lousy time to log my 1000th hour of turbine PIC!). Glad they didn't use this system then!
Of course, you could double my military helicopter time, but it would still count for zero.... :(

19.5, but I'd say it's more like 10 points for each 1,000 hours of PIC turbine, 1 point for each 1,000 hours of SIC turbine, 5 points for the type.

Talked to LL today

I spoke with LL today. (A pleasure, as always.) After reading the debate on this thread, I asked her about types and scoring.

She said the 737 type rating makes a candidate more competitive. She said it would get you into an interview "a couple of months earlier" than someone without one. She also said the first several interviews would be "mostly" type-rated folks, but not all. She said the same thing they have said all along- two very important things they look at are the type and recency of experience.

I also asked about the so-called "scoring system." She said the computer is a tool to organize the apps. She emphasized the fact that the wonderful ladies in the PD look at every app that comes through and the human factor is anything but missing. They are the ones who select the most qualified candidate based on many factors, not a computer-scored points system.

Everything else we've heard on Flightinfo seems to be holding true- classes in early March, then every two weeks. Pool drained by about June. Interviews about May.

Finally to my bros in the pool- to gauge your position: she said I was in the third class assuming 20 per. If they go to 24, I might squeak into the second one if there are a couple of no-shows. We'll see...

5.0 Military, no type. Just confirms I need to get one I guess. Oh... and get 500 ME to lift the restriction!!! (unless anyone knows different) SWAdude? Bueller...?

:cool:

Okay...I'll play

15.5 points, 737 type, military.

If you don't think the type rating is important, just read the book Nuts.

Just an outsider hoping to be an insider... Peace.

Lightning

Latest resources

Back