Unofficial: CHQ and Shuttle America Delta Connection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PGTB said:
No, you need to start thinking. There will be something on the table that DL pilots will want and they will be offered the exchange of 70+. Itll depend on how many want that "thing".Like the Ebay commercials "it".

But 3/4s of the pilots DON'T WANT larger RJs, and only 1/4 will be able to fly 787s (we already know about that order--Ed Bastian already stated that). And, those 787s will be replacement aircraft. It won't happen---all we need is 51% to vote down a TA, and we easily have that, and more. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DoinTime said:
Non-binding arbitration is called mediation. The whole point of letting an arbitrator decide is that the decision is binding. I seem to remember the Alaska pilots having their contract settled by an arbitrator recently. Just ask them how well that turned out.

You are incorrect. Here is the exact quote from the Chairman's letter out yesterday:

"I want to emphasize that we have agreed to a binding decision process, not a binding arbitration process. This distinction is important. Should the panel allow management to reject our contract, Letter 50 ensures that we have the same rights following a rejection decision by the panel as we would following a rejection by the Court. In our view, that includes the right to strike."

(That view is also held by the court) Our ex-judge Prudy and the current NW judge said the Federal Courts will not stop a strike.

And Dointime, I want an apology.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
But 3/4s of the pilots DON'T WANT larger RJs, and only 1/4 will be able to fly 787s (we already know about that order--Ed Bastian already stated that). And, those 787s will be replacement aircraft. It won't happen---all we need is 51% to vote down a TA, and we easily have that, and more. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Im not saying that you guys are going to give in on 70+. Just calling you on your statement, that NO ONE will vote for something that includes 70+.

General Lee said:
You are incorrect. Here is the exact quote from the Chairman's letter out yesterday:

"I want to emphasize that we have agreed to a binding decision process, not a binding arbitration process. This distinction is important. Should the panel allow management to reject our contract, Letter 50 ensures that we have the same rights following a rejection decision by the panel as we would following a rejection by the Court. In our view, that includes the right to strike."

(That view is also held by the court) Our ex-judge Prudy and the current NW judge said the Federal Courts will not stop a strike.

And Dointime, I want an apology.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The arbitrators decision will be binding if you choose to not walk off the job. The statement of "In our veiw" is very telling. Any lawyer will tell you this right before they clean out your savings account.

DoinTime said:
The arbitrators decision will be binding if you choose to not walk off the job. The statement of "In our veiw" is very telling. Any lawyer will tell you this right before they clean out your savings account.

Are you saying our MEC Chairman is wrong? Do you know what was in LOA 50? And, our ex-judge and the current NW judge agrees with our view---the Federal Courts will not stop a strike. The President may try, but that would be temporary. And, without a contract, the RLA doesn't apply---you are not obligated to work if you have NO contract. Our ex judge Prudy had our CFO Ed bastian sweating big time on the stand when she said "I will not intervene with any strike by the pilots, and neither will anyone on the Federal Bench. And what does the RLA have to do with any of this?" That is what she said. And again, the three man arbitrator panel will ONLY vote to approve the 1113c or NOT. That is it. If they vote to NOT allow it, the company can petition to do another 1113c, but I believe our pay goes back up 14%--since the last pay cut was TEMPORARY. I still want an apology.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
PGTB said:
Im not saying that you guys are going to give in on 70+. Just calling you on your statement, that NO ONE will vote for something that includes 70+.

I am saying any FO would be CRAZY to allow planes that could eventually replace them. Will every FO vote no? Maybe not the 777 FOs that could hold 767 Captain but do it for the schedule. But, I would say 99% of the FOs will vote that down, and atleast half of the Captains, since half of the planes (MD88s, 737-200s, maybe into the 738 range) could be affected. That makes sense.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey Gen. Lee,

Where in this thread did anyone say anything about larger than 70 seat aircraft? Are you that trigger happy about this subject that you are not even reading the posts?

I understand you would be one of those junior captains/senior FO's effected by larger RJ's, I think we all get it. Bigger RJ's bad. Stating the obvious is getting old, we all know your stance on this position.

I for one agree that larger RJ's of around 100 seats should go to DAL. Have you seen a new payscale for a 100 seat aircraft cause if I remember the last it was less than an ASA 70 seat rate? No wonder SKW wants a paycut for our 70 seater, cause they gotta keep the mainline/ regional scales proportional. I just don't buy the bill of goods that an 8% paycut would effect our CASM's or RASM"s at all.

I guess the rate would be based on JB's rate?

General Lee said:
Yeah, I asked everyone of them....Think about it man, why would any FO want to get outsourced by larger RJs?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Because when it really comes down to it, making 90k+ versus making zero will be incredibly motivating. It's easy when you're in the cockpit to say "fu<k 'em!". But when Barby needs to gas up the Hummer to take Buffy and Chase to private school, the wife's forehead will furow so hard the wrinkles will rise up thru the botox like a fat kid to twinkies. They'll hold the General Lee line like 6 fat kids playing red rover. (Hard to hold hands with those chubby cake crusted fingers).

Face it. You may not like the message, but GenLee's right.

"any FO would be CRAZY to allow planes that could eventually replace them."

Any regional pilot who doesn't understand this has not been in the industry long enough. Take a look at US Airways E190 payrates. The line has been drawn in the sand and the mainline pilots are DONE giving away airframes.

If you want to fly anything larger than 70 seats, you better start updating your resume.

(and, as an aside, if I was at Comair right now, i'd be filling out my resume anyway. I've heard rumblings of some real bad stuff coming down the pike for those folks...)

GO AROUND said:
Hey Gen. Lee,

Where in this thread did anyone say anything about larger than 70 seat aircraft? Are you that trigger happy about this subject that you are not even reading the posts?

I understand you would be one of those junior captains/senior FO's effected by larger RJ's, I think we all get it. Bigger RJ's bad. Stating the obvious is getting old, we all know your stance on this position.

I for one agree that larger RJ's of around 100 seats should go to DAL. Have you seen a new payscale for a 100 seat aircraft cause if I remember the last it was less than an ASA 70 seat rate? No wonder SKW wants a paycut for our 70 seater, cause they gotta keep the mainline/ regional scales proportional. I just don't buy the bill of goods that an 8% paycut would effect our CASM's or RASM"s at all.

I guess the rate would be based on JB's rate?

It was in the first post (hinted) and in every other CHQ post. Most say BB is looking for a LONG TERM E170/E190 deal from DL. That won't float, at least the E190 part. Nope.

And, anything over 70 seats should go to us, since planes with more than 70 seats will likely replace our 737-200 fleet. The MAJORITY of us will vote down any TA that has more than 70 seat RJs attached for DCI.

And yes, the Jetblue rate for the 100 seater (their E190) is now the benchmark. AWA/USAir did get a slightly higher rate, though. It is still lower than our 737-200 rate, so the company would still save money. (we are BK you know)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back