• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unneeded pain and cost for Pinnacle Corp. Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think a lot of people are starting to realize this could easily be the beginning of the FINAL downfall of Pinnacle Corp. The ultra slim profit margin we have can not cover this massive amount of retraining, month after month, lack of productivity/downtime, on top of new high pay and work rules. Something will snap. Probably soon.

No....The agreement should reflect the will of ITS PILOTS. Not individuals on the MECs, not individuals on whatever committees, not special interest groups, and especially not some staffers working at ALPA national.

This provision should be stricken. Senior pilots already had (and will continue to have) ample opportunity to bid these positions and they refused. Junior pilots should not have to suffer and be forced out of their positions of choosing just so some senior schmuck can retain all the choices in the world whenever he wants to make them.

Um, no for 2 years Mesaba 900's were staffed by displacements off the Saab. There were no vacancies. I was stuck on the Saab with 11 days off while people several HUNDRED numbers junior to me were getting more days off and more pay. All because I was too senior to get displaced. Pilots of similar seniority were making 35K more per year. So the old book cost me $70,000.

Current book honors seniority. Thats the way it should be. Thats the way it works in the majority of airline world. People get bumped deal with it!!!

Um, no for 2 years Mesaba 900's were staffed by displacements off the Saab. There were no vacancies. I was stuck on the Saab with 11 days off while people several HUNDRED numbers junior to me were getting more days off and more pay. All because I was too senior to get displaced. Pilots of similar seniority were making 35K more per year. So the old book cost me $70,000.

Current book honors seniority. Thats the way it should be. Thats the way it works in the majority of airline world. People get bumped deal with it!!!

I agree,

some day you too will want to honor seniority

You idiots will be the downfall of Pinnacle, as you were the downfall of Mesaba, MAIR, etc.

At least one prediction was right... Only the top 2 are happy in the end. I always thought it would be only #1.

That problem was fixed with the addition of a pinnacle provision that allowed senior pilots to assume the displacement of a junior pilot. It has nothing to do with huge amount of secondary displacements seen on this award.

You idiots will be the downfall of Pinnacle, as you were the downfall of Mesaba, MAIR, etc.

The downfall of Pinnacle came the moment Trenany and his goons decided to buy (or were given) Mesaba. They didn't have their own house in order and it has been nothing but a cluster since July 2010. THEY brought down Pinnacle, not the XJ pilots.

The downfall of Pinnacle came the moment Trenany and his goons decided to buy (or were given) Mesaba. They didn't have their own house in order and it has been nothing but a cluster since July 2010. THEY brought down Pinnacle, not the XJ pilots.

I'd also like to add that the REASON we make those provisions in the contract isn't to destroy the company, it gives us bargaining capital later on in the game. Pinnacle Corp could save millions talking to the union and getting relief through some deal, it sounds like the new CEO is actually open to that.

Phil-do got us in this mess, you'll forgive me if I'm not the first one in line willing to give Corp contract concessions due to their poor planning. Maybe stupid red neck corp should have gone to college and studied rather than doing coke all week but sunday. Why the same online voices from Pinnacle continue to rage against the Mesaba pilots and the contract is beyond me. Let the adults handle this. If you want to get run over by a company GoJets is hiring. A few clowns on here seem to have the same solution to every problem management gets themselves into, "give them whatever they want!!@!"

That problem was fixed with the addition of a pinnacle provision that allowed senior pilots to assume the displacement of a junior pilot. It has nothing to do with huge amount of secondary displacements seen on this award.

How did that become a Pinnacle provision? We were doing it before the merger as well. Am I not right about that? I thought with the latest round of furloughs, our union started looking at that.

Latest resources

Back