Unlimited Jumpseaters on Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Newjetjockey

Yes, this is a selfish question. Yes, you folks definately have your mind on other things. I still have to ask. Any chance you can get unlimited jumpseaters with the billions your giving up? Us Air did and I thank them every time I get on a plane. I just hate watching the plane leave with empty seats. Good luck to you folks in the near future.

Newjetjockey,

I don't know exactly what they are negotiating, but it is possible. That may be on the table, I don't know. I do know that most of us (if not all of us) would like that to happen. But, that might cost us another 5% of pay....(???) I hope we do get that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not sure of the other DCI Carriers, but at ASA we'll take as many jump seaters as there are seats available in the back. And the new weights, while at times restrictive, don't come into play that often, notably on longer flights.

They came and pulled 8 of us off the other day, yes 8. Four of us in uniform trying to go through mem to get to ATL and CVG to get to work from DFW because there was not a seat to be had all day on direct flights. We have the same problem, but we are working on increasing the max landing weight on the cl-65 from 47,000 to 48,000 or higher. Hopefully, this will happen before holiday rush and wx deteriorates. Is ASA trying to do the same thing?

DDpaysoff said:
but we are working on increasing the max landing weight on the cl-65 from 47,000 to 48,000 or higher.
Is that a definate? THAT would reduce a lot of headaches.

crjdxr said:
Is that a definate? THAT would reduce a lot of headaches.
From the Chief Pilot, during recurrent. I asked him what the status on it was, he said it is in bombardier's hands now and that the company was confident it could be a done deal by the end of the year. It would make our jobs a lot easier, not to mention getting to them.

Last edited:
The Real Problem

is the dork captains putting on extra fuel they don't need, seen it many times, clear and a million, adding 2000 extra lbs, thats over 10 people.

Hey, I think I saw in the Dalpa concession sheet that we wanted unlimited "flow back" for jumpseats---so maybe, just maybe----we might get unlimited jumpseats----for only 30% or more in pay cuts....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why don't you Add AA to the list too. It's a crazy thought leaving seats behind with guys trying to get to work. It should be industry standard "unlimited" jumpseats. Thanks to all of those who do!!

Latest resources

Back