Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

University of Illinois to close flight program.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not miserable junior, just realistic. Yeah stay away from airlines because corporate flight departments never down size, and are always a safe bet. Sleep tight in that fantasy world.

I'm not miserable junior, just realistic. Yeah stay away from airlines because corporate flight departments never down size, and are always a safe bet. Sleep tight in that fantasy world.
I fly a corporate jet but for a rich person not a corporation. And this place is a pretty safe bet. But thanks for the warning.

I fly a corporate jet but for a rich person not a corporation. And this place is a pretty safe bet. But thanks for the warning.

Your welcome.

Yes they do, although I think that pilot training across the country is way down.

SIUC is having there own problems like 4 or 5 gear issues on their 72RG's. Something is not right with their maintenance. This includes one gear problem which resulted in a gear up landing, and another where on the landing roll 500 ft down the runway the nose gear collapsed. Numerous other gear issues have come up lately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkhE_CENbrM

Yes they do, although I think that pilot training across the country is way down.

Illinois' program is the oldest collegiate flight training program in the nation.

I looked at both Illinois and Southern, had friends at both and chose Illinois. It provided a top university degree in something other than aviation management.

Outstanding program. Great people. Excellent facilities, and part of one of the top public university's in the country.

If it does shut down, it is a tragic loss to this profession and you should recognize it as such.
All it means is more fly-by-night training outfits putting out lower quality individuals, not just pilots.

W

Why don't you post an accurate, legitimate source?

W
Well if I did that it would most likely cost the person that told me about it their job, now I dont know about you, but to me that does not seem right now does it? It will close as early as fall of 09' or as late as fall of 10' but believe me it is closing.

Well if I did that it would most likely cost the person that told me about it their job, now I dont know about you, but to me that does not seem right now does it? It will close as early as fall of 09' or as late as fall of 10' but believe me it is closing.

Well guess what? That means it's not legitimate nor is it accurate. It's just a sad rumor that you seem to be taking great pleasure in spreading.

I think it's lame and unprofessional. If it is someone that is employed there, then I know them. Perhaps a PM with the information is more appropriate.

The closing of the flight training has been batted around there for many years. So unless you have some earth shattering information, which you don't, then I suggest you apologize for running your mouth about something you know nothing about other than rumor.

I anxiously await your PM with specific sources and information.

W

Latest resources

Back