• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Notre Dame has a Citation V or two.
Ohio University has a King Air 350
Ohio State has a King Air (200 maybe)
Michigan has a Citation and a King Air
South Carolina has a few King Airs
You already mentioned UVA with a Citation

Most big universities have a flight department, although I know a few work with fractionals.

As mentioned above, Kansas State = CJ and C-90, used to run the higher ups around and recruit for sports teams.

I know for a fact Ohio State does not have a King Air, at least not for quite a while. Only the trainers...

Notre Dame has a Citation V or two.
Ohio University has a King Air 350
Ohio State has a King Air (200 maybe)
Michigan has a Citation and a King Air
South Carolina has a few King Airs
You already mentioned UVA with a Citation

Most big universities have a flight department, although I know a few work with fractionals.

I believe the Indiana University Foundation operates a Saab 340 and a few King Airs out of Bloomington, IN. If I remember correctly, the Saab is utilized to fly the university's sports teams and the King Airs are for school administrators.

I believe the Indiana University Foundation operates a Saab 340 and a few King Airs out of Bloomington, IN. If I remember correctly, the Saab is utilized to fly the university's sports teams and the King Airs are for school administrators.

This is accurate.

Last time to GNV, Florida had a hangar with a couple citations. The line guy said they fly more on the sports/recruiting side.... go figure.

The airplanes actually belong to the Univeristy Athletic Association, which is a private corporation that runs the athletic programs at the university (not totally clear on the specifics so be gentle if I've got this wrong)...they make their money off of t-shirts and logo merchandise and what-have-you. I think they still have a King Air 200 as well.

Josh M.

Latest resources

Back