University Flight departments??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dingo222

This forum is probably the best fit for this...... Anyone know of any universities that have a plane? For example, University of Virginia operates a citation for the president and the deans of the individual schools and select individuals. Know of any others?

cool, not looking for schools with avaition degree programs, but schools that operate an airplane for business.

Some of those schools may be members of NBAA so a quick glance at a (hard to acquire) directory may help the search.

I'll see if i can get my hands on that. Thanks for the lead. Here in CHO, it shouldn't be too hard, but i never thought of it! Thanks!

Perdue runs a beechjet, as does Arkansas. Happened to go through 400 initial with 2 pilots from both universities. UND has at least on Citation for hauling the higher ups. Those are the only specifics I know, but I am sure there are many more.

A seach of the FAA records may help if looking at a particular location.
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/

Hope it helps.

Remembered another ... Univ. of Wyoming has quite a fleet used for research.

Last time to GNV, Florida had a hangar with a couple citations. The line guy said they fly more on the sports/recruiting side.... go figure.

Latest resources

Back