• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United trying to raise cash again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You realize that United as a bunch of guys on furlough, right?

I do realize that but I'd rather be bought by a major airline where there may be a chance of at least getting back to a decent paycheck. Being bought by a regional will likely result in being paid less and taking a career hit just the same.

...or...

maybe they only needed another $175 million to pick up a company based in Denver with a fleet of brand new Airbii and over $1 billion in annual revenue (read cash flow) which has been a pain in their side for over a decade while simultaneously preventing the competition from doing the same thing...

...i'm just sayin'...

I think Tilton is in the business of selling airlines...not buying them.

This industry was built during a time when it was regulated, several terms ago. Barring future regulation it only makes sense that there will probably be some attrition before any stability will return.

Ray Charles could see that this industry is completely messed up. My point is that if there is a bankruptcy during this administration there is a good chance that the government won't allow the failure and enter into the airline industry, just as it has the automobile industry. I don't know what exactly would happen but it would be difficult to compete with an unlimited financed, inefficient competitor.

I know that Obama isn't the answer but in just a few short months he has done what he thought was the right thing, which is probably the wrong thing. I'm no economist but it just makes sense to me that if an entity can't succeed there is a reason and it should probably be allowed to fail. There is no motivation for a healthy, efficient and productively critical business model if the government will just step in when times get tough.

If you stop every forest fire eventually there will be a fire you won't be able to stop and will lose the whole forest.

Latest resources

Back