• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to hire 1000+ this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally I like banding, but if it goes away later that's ok too. Important to consider the context of what was negotiated (what we have now). The sUAL 85 hires wanted the 744 in a single top category, and then wanted to leverage that into super seniority for themselves (boosting them above sCAL 83 hires). JP stopped that butt cold...

I think you give JP too much credit..banding was ALL about the SLI argument.

they may hire 1000+ but yet ill be getting displaced off the 737 in IAH--- makes great sense-- hiring 1000+ and all the retirements, and yet i may have to go to a lower paying fleet like the airbus to stay in houston-- yeah, things are great-- cmon over

You're too junior for the fleet/seat you want get over it. Or may I suggest SWA. All the Houston based 737 flying you can stand, and they even allow those stupid cowboy boots all the IAH guys like to wear.

I think you give JP too much credit..banding was ALL about the SLI argument.

Might be right. And I don't want to defend either one of those groups. But W hinted she'd deal on the rest of the list, if the 570s were winners (again) Fortunately no one went there.

they may hire 1000+ but yet ill be getting displaced off the 737 in IAH--- makes great sense-- hiring 1000+ and all the retirements, and yet i may have to go to a lower paying fleet like the airbus to stay in houston-- yeah, things are great-- cmon over

It's not personal, nor is it mgt helping the sUAL guys into a 737 left seat. This is what UAL mgt does. Get to the best spot you can get to, might find the bump to be a good thing

Beats Trash States....think back.

Latest resources

Back