• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to cut 1000 jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
needs to be 10 X that amount to have any real impact.

we lost almost more than 1 BILLION than AA in the fourth quarter.

UFB--- bonuses all around-- but hey in april our hedge FUKC up will neutralized- woohoo!!!

What about Glenn

Who hedged the fuel. Why does he still have a job. I thought he was an oil man!!!!!

Glenn got to go

I got furloughed why not him?

How many are furloughed now from UAL?

Somewhere north of 600 after this week.

As of today, 606 pilots furloughed- 150 voluntary, 456 involuntary. 350 more pilots (active + Leave of Absence) by the end of June 2009.

It's a bummer that more SAM personnel are being laid off now. Most of those people are just trying to make a living, just like us, and are as frustrated with our management team as we are.

Simply amazing !!!!!!!im very curious to see the rest of the earnings for other carriers. I wonder if there are any one time charges in this loss for the parking of the guppies?

Simply amazing !!!!!!!im very curious to see the rest of the earnings for other carriers. I wonder if there are any one time charges in this loss for the parking of the guppies?

There probably are some charges. I think Mikells even noted some one time training charges for the reshuffling of pilot seats. Those types of one time charges, however, are miniscule in the big picture considering we'll be taking losses of 100's of millions of dollars in hedging losses.

Latest resources

Back