United starts taking Pilot Apps on Monday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
13 July Flight Operations Hotline:

Because the new pilots will be our next generation of flight officers, we're looking for the very best.

The best they say....ha ha. Will that still include 600 hour chks? The best.........that kills me.

Anyone who applies to a legacy carrier that pays 31$ and hour should be ashamed of themselves. I am ashamed of them.

What an embarassment.

Kind of reminds me of that scene from "Major League" when the GM calls Lou to see if he wants to manage the team.

General Manager: How would you like to manage the Indians this year?
Lou Brown: Gee, I don't know.......
General Manager: What do you mean? This is your chance to manage in the big leagues.
Lou Brown: Let me get back to you. I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

Actually, that depends on what happens with UAL.

If they don't merge with anyone and the survive their financial issues, getting hired on NOW would be better than a couple of years down the road.

Guys hired a few years from now are the furlough fodder. Guys hired in the beginning of a hiring phase, historically, have been OK, 9/11 notwithstanding.

That said, you wouldn't find me anywhere NEAR a UAL Scantron unless I was working for HoJets or one of those new bottom-feeder Airbus outfits and had no better options...

I'm sure they'll get the usual 10,000+ applicants in the first week, only 1,000 of which are actually qualified for the position.

Remember, you're only one 9/11 away or a few a/c blown up away from being furlough fodder again. Have a plan B.

Latest resources

Back