• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United scope clause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bunch of short sighted, low paid pilots telling themselves that their career has turned out "o.k.", and that 80k a year is "good enough"

If UAL pilots would stop giving away so much flying, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Kind of hard for us to say "I don't want to fly SAT-SFO because it's an ex-737 route" but "I'll fly ORD-CWA because it's an old BAe route".

As far as i know, scope at UAL is still 70 seats. For UAL to give up more scope would mean another Ch11 contract gutting followed shorty by a CH 7 unless they're bailed out too. Who knows?

Bunch of short sighted, low paid pilots telling themselves that their career has turned out "o.k.", and that 80k a year is "good enough"

Okay, cool; can you get me a job at mainline carrier without having the stop at a regional? Can you get me out of having to 'pay my dues' so that some smug SOB (such as yourself), who progressively gave away scope in concession after concession (like yourself), can patronize me at every opportunity?

Really, you can't get me a job at a mainline without having to first slog through the fatigue inducing, credit destroying, marriage killing regional life?

I would politely suggest that you immediately perform an anatomical impossibility upon yourself. When that's finished, why don't you have a nice steaming cup of STFU?

Redtail,

Looks like you have really riled up the tough guy barbie jet drivers. Maybe they will threaten a jumpseat boycot again. Oh, btw I wonder how the commute is going for the comair girls since the change in pass priority? Thought they and the other kiddos were going to burn the house down. All talk I guess.

Redtail,

Looks like you have really riled up the tough guy barbie jet drivers. Maybe they will threaten a jumpseat boycot again. Oh, btw I wonder how the commute is going for the comair girls since the change in pass priority? Thought they and the other kiddos were going to burn the house down. All talk I guess.

Just stating the obvious, gee one guy wants me to lose weight and get divorced, another wants career advice ( see "timing" ) I was just stating the obvious. You would think they would thank us because if it wasn't for the senior pilots at our respective airlines giving up the scope, they would not have jobs at all ;)

In answer to the first poster, the original plan for UAL post-737 was to replace the fleet with their large order of equivalent Airbii (319s and 320s). That order has long since been put on ice, but the scope clause remains after the last 737 has left the property. UAL's long-term plan (if they can be said to have ever had one) was to replace the fleet with 320s almost 1 : 1, but I'd imagine that's history. We'll probably see yet more RJs in UAL colors, but they won't be any bigger than they are now. Provided they don't let management go any further with scope erosion.

Latest resources

Back