• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Pilot Dies After Inflight Heart Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And yet no kudos or pats on the back to the FO for being a real pro,taking command and getting the plane on the ground. From what I understand, the other passenger that assisted the FO in landing was either a deadheading check airman or jumpseater that sat in the back that was q'd on the 73. Media sucks...

Condolences to the family of the Captain. Go West

Once the captain's body cools, the "get out of my seat crowd" will be all over this. Never-mind the facts: There was practically no compromise in safety as all F/O's hold a captain's FAA type rating in the aircraft they're flying and this F/O had to be under age 60 by FAR. The FAA backup system worked perfectly; as it should, the same the failure of an A/C pack, or a hydraulic pump: Redundancy works, it provides practically the same level of safety.

The captain's name was, Henry Skillern. RIP sir, and condolences to his family.

Last edited:
Oh BS. Your going to compare meat in the seat to a pack, wow. I hope this helps stop anymore age increases.

Condolences to his family, I would hope they would take comfort knowing he passed doing what he loved to do.

Once the captain's body cools, the "get out of my seat crowd" will be all over this. Never-mind the facts: There was practically no compromise in safety as all F/O's hold a captain's FAA type rating in the aircraft they're flying and this F/O had to be under age 60 by FAR. The FAA backup system worked perfectly; as it should, the same the failure of an A/C pack, or a hydraulic pump: Redundancy works, it provides practically the same level of safety.

The captain's name was, Henry Skillern. RIP sir, and condolences to his family.

And yet even BEFORE the body cools FI's spokesman for one-set-of-rules-for-me-and-a-different-set-of rules-for everyone-else has to chime in.

You're worse than anyone you would assail as "get out of my seat" and you're just as bad as any pilot who crossed a picket line. You're weak.

Reminds me of that 747 recently (Lufthansa IIRC) that had an inflight emergency involving one of the crew. Media breathlessly reported a passenger rose to the occasion and saved the plane...

Of course the "passenger" was a training captain on the 747...

Had a friend at a major airline die in the motel room on an overnight. 56. So what does that tell us?

Latest resources

Back