• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's just fun being poked at the fact -yes,fact- that UAL was rather well known for its, um, affirmative action practices once upon a time.

Don't take it so personally. Why didn't you get offended at the 36-24-36 comment? You must have huge boobs.

It's also a fact that once upon a time UAL not only hired folks with 0 hours but also paid for commercial tickets and other ratings. One fact, yes fact, was that you couldn't be anything other than white and a male. I had mentors that were Tuskegee Airman that have flown in wars that wouldn't get the time of day by UAL at that point in time. So, everyone here wants to talk sh** about affirmative action at UAL while ignoring the reason it got to that point in the first place. Keep blaming, poking fun, or whatever you want to call it, about OBAP. Hopefully it'll make some of you feel better about yourselves.

The question still remains: Why didn't you take offense at the previous "minority" ribbing? Since we're all jumping to conclusions now can I take it that you're black and hate women?

I'm white and hate neither. A joke is a joke. This one happens to find it's roots in a kernel of truth. All in good fun..... deep breaths.

Last edited:
The question still remains: Why didn't you take offense at the previous "minority" ribbing? Since we're all jumping to conclusions now can I take it that you're black and hate women?

I'm white and hate neither. A joke is a joke. Deep breaths.

I can take a joke better than most but that's not a Fn joke to me. And you don't know that I didn't take offense to the other comment. If I wrote a response to all the dumb sh*t I see on this board I wouldn't have time to do anything else. I obviously replied to the comment about OBAP because, like I said, I've been a member since I was in HS and could speak first hand about the BS that some of you are talking about.

So where are we? You and others want to blame someone else for your lack of movement. Well, just others since making a blanket statement that folks from other groups got their job just because they were in another group is hilarious to you. So I can continue on the subject and you can continue to deflect the point I was trying to make by wondering why I didn't speak specifically to another post. Try going back to my first reply and reading the title. It ended with "it's someone else's fault". Not OBAP specifically. Someone else's meaning someone that can be categorized in some other group than yours.

It has not been my experience that minority hires which includes female pilots, are not as qualified as the previous poster.

Minority hires are hired because of their minority status not their qualifications.

Minorities are hired to met quotas. That is why recruitment events occur at Woman in Aviation Seminars and the like.

Last edited:
1.I can take a joke better than most but that's not a Fn joke to me.........

2 & [3]........So where are we? You and others want to blame someone else for your lack of movement. [Well, just others since making a blanket statement that folks from other groups got their job just because they were in another group is hilarious to you.] .................Not OBAP specifically. Someone else's meaning someone that can be categorized in some other group than yours.

1. it was a joke, meant as a joke, therefore a joke to everyone. You could not take it.

2. You are mistaking me for someone else, I never said that anyone was holding me back(and really, neither did anyone else, that was your perception).

3. What?

The next company video you receive, the next company brochure you see, the next issue of the in-flight magazine look at who is pictured representing the pilot group.

I am sure the pilots represented in any company publication shown is a minority or a woman pilot.

You will not find a young white male pictured in a company publication guaranteed.

I put a title to my post but titles don't show up on this board I guess. My reply to Dirty Sanchez was titled "so that's the reason your still in that rj...it's someone else's fault". That's what I was referring to.

Latest resources

Back