• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United may ground 757-300 and 767-200 to curb fuel cost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to clarify: United got rid of their 767-200's back in the early 2000's. And we all know what happened to United's 737-500's. It seems to me the cuts, if they do come, are from the CAL side of the house.

Regardless, parking aircraft sucks.

SCR

Good luck UAL/CAL folks.....you got a fight on your hands.

Thats such bs talk.
What did u do when they parked 100? Nothing. Exactly.
What will u do when they park the 737-500's. Exactly- nothing.
Ual will park them its not if but when. Ual uses any bad news in the world to claim foul and continue to institute the overall plan - which appear to be. Grow as mch as possible domestically with rj's. And let cal and ual do limited narrowbody stuff while feeding their intl ops and increasing codeshares while reducing risk/ exposure.

Strike? Never gonna happen
Jcba? Take at min another year
Scope? Highly doubt there will be any gains in that arena
Suck? Yep
Furloughs? Probably more and extended to those currently out
Mec? No clue
Tpa? Not worth a crap

Need i continue?

Skippy

Thats such bs talk.
Ual will park them its not if but when. Ual uses any bad news in the world to claim foul and continue to institute the overall plan - which appear to be. Grow as mch as possible domestically with rj's. And let cal and ual do limited narrowbody stuff while feeding their intl ops and increasing codeshares while reducing risk/ exposure.

Suck? Yep
Mec? No clue
Tpa? Not worth a crap

Need i continue?

Skippy

Skippy an airline pilot, and just an internet troll?

That's obvious

Hey United pilots (you too Delta). None of the smart regional pilots want anymore 70 seat flying and we definitly do not want 100-130 seat flying at the regional level. Fight the good fight and do not let pay increases for your wide body fleet temp you! Oh a little disclaimer-we hate the idiots who are excited about regional growth at the expense of jobs at the majors

Thanks! We need it.

Hey Skippy: We just won an arbitration that's costing Jeff about 60 mil a month....

jeffy makes more than that a month NOT having a JCBA-- so again why would they want to get a deal done--- synergies?--- not wanting a bifurcated pilot group?-- you been listening to the MEC message too long.

where do u get ur figures--- and is that still stopping them from the ol' in and out of CAL hubs? ummmm nope.

UAL will never get back 70 seat flying-- they can really only hope to reduce it as a platform to get the 90 seat flying-- but trying to entice UAL to let mainline fly the 90 seaters when the 70seat RJ pilots/companies are already qualified thru a common type is just poppycock!

not a troll, just a realist

Thats such bs talk.

Suck? Yep
Mec? No clue
Tpa? Not worth a crap

Need i continue?

Skippy

Skippy:

Total Time: 0

Aircraft Flown: Cessna 172

Wannabe: Yep

Irrelevancy: High

Now pardon me, I am going onto the Quantum Mechanist website and commenting on how poor their working agreement is with management at the Cern Collider in Geneva and how they have no hope for a better deal. Then I will tell them how dumb they are for not finding the Graviton particle by now.

Last edited:
Skippy. You don't get it. Go back to your Microsoft FS 2000 and enjoy flying your 172. Meanwhile let us worry about getting our scope, pay, furloughs, retirement, work rules back where they should be. More furloughs?...IDIOT we will lose 1.5 guys a day minimum for over 3 years starting next year. We will strike over scope there is NO DOUBT over that. The company is not playing ball at the negotiating table and it's just a matter of time before we get our 30 day cooling off period. Either we get the total package or we shut it down.

Latest resources

Back