• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United may ground 757-300 and 767-200 to curb fuel cost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As soon as they park em, oil will drop back to 70 bucks a barrel and they will be caught, yet again, with their pants down.

I have an idea, how bout change the business model to operate on $100 barrel oil instead of a pipe dream $50 barrel oil and things might actually get moving for a change.

FCKU NO!! They have unlimited use of 70 seaters, they will not get caught with their pants down, didn't last time either. Last time was to "RIGHT SIZE FOR THE MERGER"----glenn tilton. Those recalled pilots at CO better not be investing in much more than their bank accounts!! and be polishing up that resume, cause, "BOHICA PART DEUX" is on the way!!! (speaking from experience)!!!

Last edited:
I have an idea, how bout change the business model to operate on $100 barrel oil instead of a pipe dream $50 barrel oil and things might actually get moving for a change.

Sounds good. Just start charging pax double- problem solved.

Heard one of the Saudi Princes on CNBC yesterday say that the supply of oil right now dictates $85/barrel, not the $105 it is trading at. The speculators of Wall Street are playing their games again.

Heard one of the Saudi Princes on CNBC yesterday say that the supply of oil right now dictates $85/barrel, not the $105 it is trading at. The speculators of Wall Street are playing their games again.

So now we're believing saudi "princes?" :rolleyes:

Fear and speculation by Wall Street is driving the price of oil up, not supply and demand.

Oil went up close to 20% in a 2-3 week period. $88 to $105. The world demand had not changed that much. This was happening before the middle east unrest. Wall Street took advantage of the news hype and lots of fast money was made, and now we are paying for it at the pump, and our companies are paying for it as well.

So yes, when a prince of Saudi Arabia says the price does not match the supply, I believe him.

Last edited:
SM,
Good job with the Oliver Stone conspiracy theory! Blame it all on the "Street" and the rich oil speculators. Haven't you seen the lines 1/2 mile long waiting at the pumps? I've been limited to 10 gallons during each purchase...just like the early 70s oil embargo. The Arabs have us by the balls again! The prince is just laughing all the way to the bank! Hope sarcasm was noted?

Only lines I've seen were for the cheap gas. Funny how we, as in the government, can't put regulations in place for strategic assets...such as people who purposely drive the price of fuel to their advantage. But that would go against every capitalistic/democratic belief which founded this country. I'm thinking the people who cause the price increases have no worries as to how it will affect them! But you know releasing some of our strategic reserve will fix everything...right?

D

SM,
Good job with the Oliver Stone conspiracy theory! Blame it all on the "Street" and the rich oil speculators. Haven't you seen the lines 1/2 mile long waiting at the pumps? I've been limited to 10 gallons during each purchase...just like the early 70s oil embargo. The Arabs have us by the balls again! The prince is just laughing all the way to the bank! Hope sarcasm was noted?

Only lines I've seen were for the cheap gas. Funny how we, as in the government, can't put regulations in place for strategic assets...such as people who purposely drive the price of fuel to their advantage. But that would go against every capitalistic/democratic belief which founded this country. I'm thinking the people who cause the price increases have no worries as to how it will affect them! But you know releasing some of our strategic reserve will fix everything...right?

D

I certainly agree that we need to limit speculation, but the problem lies in that oil is traded on a global, not a local, market. We can limit speculation to the hilt here in the USA but the Brits, French, Germans, Ad nausium will continue to cause price shifts in a speculative ferver. Whats needed is for OPEC to be dissolved and price competition to brought to the market.

As soon as they park em, oil will drop back to 70 bucks a barrel and they will be caught, yet again, with their pants down.

Don't worry all the "C" level and Director level guys will all share 40 or 50 million dollar bonuses!

Doesn't matter what price oil is; I believe Jeff's idea is to merge these large corporations, make a tone of money for himself, widdle down their size to ultra "efficiency", use this spike in oil as leverage with unions, get the stock price up as, and bail the feak out. Move on to corporate board seats, open his own firm, show up to first of the week meetings for coffee & donuts, and count the money his family will live on for generations. We'll be smaller than AA in 3 years.

Any chance I'm kind of close on this scenario?

Latest resources

Back