• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United hiring- emails sent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of this thread is a perfect example of why I visit this forum less and less and others more. It had the potential of offering good info about emails being sent, calls being made and even a few lucky off the street prospects going to actual interviews, if you can believe that. Nope, here on FlightInfo it quickly devolved into a "stupid math" and "the returning United furloughs were mean to me" thread.

To set the record straight..

I'm in class now and the UAL guys have all been great. Not an issue at all. My class is mix of U-hires and New-hires - everyone has been supportive and helpful on all sides.
its a diverse class but everyone is one same team. I can assure you what Junk Yard Dog stated isn't the case at all. Its absolutely a bonus having the United guys around.

8 ball ceremony was alive and well last night for the class that started yesterday.

Currently there have been about 12 756 slots each month. 4 in every other class, not 14 a week. There are a bunch vacancies to fill on it, but its all they can train right now with avail sims utilizing both IAH and DEN.

UAL guys have always been welcoming to new hires. Hence, the 8 ball ceremony, and the junior man being affectionately known as "The Ball".

What the other poster said sounded more like someone trying to cause trouble after some UAL guys didn't let him play in the sandbox at recess.

First, I'd like to address the purported subject of this thread - hiring at UCH. Anyone looking at the retirement numbers can see that UCH will need to hire several hundred pilots per year for a very long time.
In the near term, UCH needs to fill a huge training pipeline necessary for all of the training events that are occurring due to retirements. This should cause UCH to ramp up hiring to 1000+/yr for a couple of years.
As for XJhawk's 'true' off the street hiring, it sounds like that will start soon, if it's not already happening.

As for the internal squabbling discussed here, always keep in mind that there are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. I won't speculate as to which story is closest to the truth, as there will always be some bias in everyone's point of view.

My personal experiences as a LUAL furloughee flying on the LCAL side has been almost universally positive when interacting with fellow crewmembers, including those that are unhappy with the merger. There have been a couple of LCAL employees that have been total jerks but the same can be said of some LUAL employees ... if you base your opinions off of the 2%, you will have a distorted view of the world.

Right now, we're probably at the most tense portion of the merger, as we're all waiting for the outcome of the SLI. Once that's done, I imagine most bruised egos will be healed by summer 2014 and almost all of us will be pulling on the same end of the rope. There will always be some outliers who will complain about the SLI for the rest of their careers.

I am an instructor on the 757 and only last week spent some quality time with some guys wearing red clips. They couldn't have been nicer. They are in a unique situation and despite what some may think, they are not mad at the world. They are professional and take training seriously. I would hope they will mentor the new hires and not hide study material. In a few months the list will be done and the color of our clips will be meaningless. Move on.

Why is anyone putting up with the red clips?

Scott

Just left IAH recurrent on the 756... The good news, from 3 different instructors, is 14 per week on the 756 and about the same if not more on the 73 fleet. I asked each one for how long, each reply was, "indefinite", unless something drastic happens. They are presently so shot on the 756 fleet that upgrades that were awarded as far back as Aug will not be released to training because they can't fill the FO seats.

Now the bad, or I should say ridiculous.. They were a few off the street/poolies in new hire class mixed with returning L-UAL furloughs. Talked to a few, asked them how it was going, welcome, and glad to see you here. They pointed out a group of guys with red ID clips, told me they were the L-UAL returning furloughs. They would not speak socialize or share any gouge with the new guys. And just to check the validity of there claims, I made it a point to say hello to everyone I encountered with a red clip. Result, not one reply, eyes forward, head up, scowl on face, holier than thou attitude....... What a bunch of tool bags..

Feel free to flame me all you want... I'm too old to worry about the petty bull ********************. But I think it's a shame we have attitudes like this.

Interesting, because I was at the training center also yesterday as the new class was waiting for the hotel van. I went up and spoke with all of them and they couldn't have been any friendlier. Some of you guys just see what you want to see.

Why is anyone putting up with the red clips?

Scott

The red clips are simply so that we can identify ourselves (LUAL furloughees) easier. When the idea was conceived, it was never meant as anything other than that.
Mine broke and I haven't gotten another red clip. Yet. I was asked a couple of times about it and gave the answer as stated above, 'we wear them to identify among ourselves. That's the ONLY reason why red clips exist.' No one who asked me about it had any issues with red clips after I explained it to them.

Let me turn your question into a parallel question: Why is anyone putting up with Ex-Con bracelets and luggage tags?

Why do red clips bother some people? The Ex-Con bracelets and luggage tags don't bother me. I see red clips and Ex-Con bracelets/tags as people who are proud of their past.

The red clips are simply so that we can identify ourselves (LUAL furloughees) easier. When the idea was conceived, it was never meant as anything other than that.
Mine broke and I haven't gotten another red clip. Yet. I was asked a couple of times about it and gave the answer as stated above, 'we wear them to identify among ourselves. That's the ONLY reason why red clips exist.' No one who asked me about it had any issues with red clips after I explained it to them.

Let me turn your question into a parallel question: Why is anyone putting up with Ex-Con bracelets and luggage tags?

Why do red clips bother some people? The Ex-Con bracelets and luggage tags don't bother me. I see red clips and Ex-Con bracelets/tags as people who are proud of their past.

Okay. I thought it was the company that was identifiying L-UAL pilots with red tags. If the pilots themselves want to wear red tags then have at it.

Cheers,
Scott

Okay. I thought it was the company that was identifiying L-UAL pilots with red tags. If the pilots themselves want to wear red tags then have at it.

Cheers,
Scott

OK, sorry about not explaining the red clips earlier. I can see where the confusion lies. Call them voluntary 'furloughee tattoos'. :)

There are some LCAL pilots who have really gotten their panties in a wad over the red clips. I don't know why; I don't see them getting upset about Ex-Con stuff or 'this flight is being flown by a Continental crew' PA announcements. And no, those things don't bother me.

Thanks for the information Andy. It would be nice to see some true movement out of the regionals and opportunities for my friends (not to mention me).

Latest resources

Back