• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United goes for Boeing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh no! A lot of those former UAL Airbus pilots will have to learn how to fly again! Joking...:p:laugh:

Let's hope the former CAL guys don't request the simulated analog on their PFDs on the 737 MAX... Why do they still use the old analog version when even SWA converted from that to the standard PFD with speed and altitude tapes? Seriously, why stay with the analog version on the current 737NG fleet?

Last edited:
Great who doesn t want to be in a 73 (pilot or pax) on a trancon...so comfy...

No kidding. I just came to the 737 from the 757/767. Man, I think this thing was made for pilots 5 feet or shorter. Short hops would be ok but 6 + in a 737 is pushing things a bit.

I miss the 757...

2 guys in a phone booth in a hurricane doing what 3 guys used to do in a 727.

Do you really have to a$$$$$k??

Why not? Why keep the older simulated analog on the PFD? Simple question. Southwest converted to the standard PFD on the 700/800s and yet they continue to operate old a$$ 300s/500s with zero glass. So, why do the CAL guys keep the analog versions?

Not trying to be an a$$. Just a simple question and always curious about it but never asked. So, what is the rationale for keeping it? Anyone know?

Not trying to be an a$$. Just a simple question and always curious about it but never asked. So, what is the rationale for keeping it? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

The CAL "guys" aren't keeping anything. Management is. It's purely about money and the Feds.

I wasn't inferring that anyone was being an azz, just that it has to do with the $$$. Apparently no one got the pun.

Latest resources

Back