• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Express off the runway in Moline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering if/when this might happen up there with all of the 150' wide runways closed.

KMLI 291852Z 15007KT 10SM CLR 26/14 A3004 RMK AO2 SLP170 T02560139
KMLI 291752Z 00000KT 10SM CLR 24/13 A3005 RMK AO2 SLP172 T02440128 10244 20144 58003
KMLI 291652Z 10003KT 10SM CLR 24/13 A3006 RMK AO2 SLP178 T02390133

It seems to me that occasionally that trusty old EMB145 steering has a glitch and that loos of steering is an Embraer (in the AOM/COM (or what ever Embraer calls it) from Embraer) memory item, however it may not be for ExpressJet.

It seems to me that occasionally that trusty old EMB145 steering has a glitch and that loos of steering is an Embraer (in the AOM/COM (or what ever Embraer calls it) from Embraer) memory item, however it may not be for ExpressJet.

I am sure it was a typo, but sheesh. I know people are having a hard time these days with loose and lose, but I have yet to see this one. :D

********************************************************************************
** Report created 8/30/2011 Record 1 **
********************************************************************************

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: BTA5821 Make/Model: E145 Description: EMB-145, ERJ-145
Date: 08/29/2011 Time: 1737

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

DESCRIPTION
EXPRESSJET FLIGHT 5821 EMBRAER E45X AIRCRAFT ON LANDING, WENT OFF THE SIDE
OF THE RUNWAY, NO INJURIES REPORTED, PERSONS ON BOARD DEPLANDED VIA STAIRS,
DAMAGE UNKNOWN, MOLINE, IL

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

OTHER DATA
Activity: Business Phase: Landing Operation: Air Carrier

FAA FSDO: WEST CHICAGO, IL (GL03) Entry date: 08/30/2011

It's not that narrow of a runway. It's 100ft wide. I'm sure there's an explanation--like a possible malfunction as stated above.

There is a memory item to squeeze the disconnect trigger if the steering goes ape******************** on you, but I've heard it happens pretty damn quick. By the time you say "WTF?!" you're already in the weeds.

There is a memory item to squeeze the disconnect trigger if the steering goes ape******************** on you, but I've heard it happens pretty damn quick. By the time you say "WTF?!" you're already in the weeds.

I've had it given on multiple PC's, but it's usually on take off, only had one on landing. At the speeds you're going, the swerve is pretty severe and it happens pretty f'n quick.

Never mind the WTF'erey going on combined with reaction time, etc.

I'm glad no one was hurt and that my friend did a good job.

Latest resources

Back