United buying CAL

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Total Time
OMG, I just heard United is buying CAL and merging lists by DOH. Keeping United name too.

Also ExpressJet will finally be getting our flying back that CAL gave to Colgan. Finally!!!

And yes I did stay at a holiday inn express last night. LOL

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Total Time
nope, apparently it was leaked from the United MEC meeting and verified. Its all over calforums. United wanted a staple but got DOH for bottom pilots.

Sandhawk

Waiting on Dec 13, 2012
Total Time
Mucho+
Stand by for posting from Instructor D0uche / Brown-on-my-bone / ??? in 5,4,3,2......

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time
No way they would keep the United name... merger may be possible.

inflightboi175

United is is the more dominant name they would keep united. It would of been say having delta take nwa as a name or us air name going away and becoming all america west

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
4:30
You give xjt folk a bad name with your fail. At least consider that.

BigPappa

Name is Mitch Buchannon
Total Time
Mucho!
Are you confusing USAir / America West with United?

bluechunks

Total Time
10000+
United wanted a staple but got DOH for bottom pilots.
LOL. Your credibility could be improved quite a bit if you actually read the ALPA merger policy prior to trolling.

You also forgot to mention that XJT will be ditched as part of the transaction and all UAL/CAL express flying will be provided by Skywest.

;)

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
United is is the more dominant name they would keep united. It would of been say having delta take nwa as a name or us air name going away and becoming all america west
IMHO, the new Delta should have been NWA. Northwest is a little older than Delta and NW definitely has name dominance in Asia.....where Delta wanted to be more than NWA wanted western Europe. Anyway, it's all moot now.

Last edited:

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
I think if a merger goes down it'll say United on all the planes. They don't have the best reputation, but they have the best exposure and recognition. Reputation can be repaired. If a merger goes down, DOH will not be an option at all. I can understand relative seniority and maybe something with career expectations thrown in, but DOH is a joke. I say go straight to arbitration. We'll see who prevails...

contrail67

Total Time
nope, apparently it was leaked from the United MEC meeting and verified. Its all over calforums. United wanted a staple but got DOH for bottom pilots.
alright trixy, post a couple of those CAL forums comments....we all want to see them....not that I do not believe you but, we just want to see...by the way, I like your horse.

Yuppyguppy

Total Time
8000+
I think if a merger goes down it'll say United on all the planes. They don't have the best reputation, but they have the best exposure and recognition. Reputation can be repaired. If a merger goes down, DOH will not be an option at all. I can understand relative seniority and maybe something with career expectations thrown in, but DOH is a joke. I say go straight to arbitration. We'll see who prevails...

Spoken like a true CAL pilot................................

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Total Time
LOL. Your credibility could be improved quite a bit if you actually read the ALPA merger policy prior to trolling.

You also forgot to mention that XJT will be ditched as part of the transaction and all UAL/CAL express flying will be provided by Skywest.

;)
Um, XJT getting ditched?? I don't think so. Your post is so ridiculous it's not even funny. I guess you didn't hear that ExpressJet is about to get a huge United contract.

Now if we could just get CAL out of the picture..... LOL

Flopgut

Total Time
Spoken like a true CAL pilot................................

What he proposes is a hundred times more fair than what a UAL pilot would have for CAL pilots if the tables were turned. What were you going to do to America West? How about USAir? What did you actually do to Frontier (#1)???

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Total Time
alright trixy, post a couple of those CAL forums comments....we all want to see them....not that I do not believe you but, we just want to see...by the way, I like your horse.
Go see for yourself. I try to stay off of calforums. My impression of that website is a bunch of little weenies with little weenies crying about how small their weenies are. LOL LOL LOL

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
UAL couldn't buy a dinner and a movie, how are they going to buy an entire airline? That place burns money faster than a scab running across a picket line in '83.