• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Breaks Guitars

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The creator made it onto Fox news the morning. Apparently, after a half million hits on Youtube, now they want to play nice and smooth it all over. They even want to use the video in their ramper training. Why can't these guys do the right thing just cause it's the right thing to do?

I don't work for united, but this guy didn't report the damage for a week after it happened. Said no one was working when he arrived, not sure how he got his guitar back then? I'm thinking he wants some publicity for his band, especially considering the guitar was insured and this guy was out nothing anyway. Had he reported it within the 24 hours required, I think they would have done something at least, maybe a free coke on his next flight.

I don't work for united, but this guy didn't report the damage for a week after it happened. Said no one was working when he arrived, not sure how he got his guitar back then? I'm thinking he wants some publicity for his band, especially considering the guitar was insured and this guy was out nothing anyway. Had he reported it within the 24 hours required, I think they would have done something at least, maybe a free coke on his next flight.

You dont work for UAL, but you are qualified....you have the pas the buck attitude that you need to be employed there. How do you know his guitar was insured? Omaha is a small station...I have seen happen all the time, there is maybe 2 people working the last flight, so when it gets in they unload it and then go clean the plane and THEN they come inside to see if anyone has baggage problems. At this point it is probably 30 minutes after the flight has landed. As he mentioned it was late, he was tired and they had to get going in the morning for a tour. But hey....that all excuses rampers throwing customers luggage around on the ramp!

You dont work for UAL, but you are qualified....you have the pas the buck attitude that you need to be employed there. How do you know his guitar was insured? Omaha is a small station...I have seen happen all the time, there is maybe 2 people working the last flight, so when it gets in they unload it and then go clean the plane and THEN they come inside to see if anyone has baggage problems. At this point it is probably 30 minutes after the flight has landed. As he mentioned it was late, he was tired and they had to get going in the morning for a tour. But hey....that all excuses rampers throwing customers luggage around on the ramp!

I know the guitar was insured because that is what the owner of the guitar was quoted as saying. Do a little research before you go acting all high and mighty. I didn't excuse the rampers, didn't imply PASSing the buck, just not buying the whole story. If my 3500 guitar was damaged by United, I would not wait a week to contact them, period. Two sides to every story, the truth is always somewhere in between.

LOL... You should watch the video, I think they are cowboys...LOL

Yeah...cowboys from Nova Scotia. Wait, that doesn't make any sense.

Over a million hits now and "UAL has called him" to make it right. I hope he tells them it's too late and makes the other two videos.

That was actually really good! It sounds like it was actually United Express, though.

No more "passin the buck"! They have the UNITED name on the side!

Great video

1,350,000 hits man this guys gonna get discovered.... LOL

Latest resources

Back