United and L-XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

Looks like L-XJT should be looking pretty hard at getting a contract done so they can get a single list.

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...-in-continued-us-regional-consolidation-32650

"The new agreement includes the current CPA fleet of 206 XJT Embraer 145 aircraft for a 10-year term with five years of rate protection and a 2015 rate reset. The scheduled reduction of XJT’s fleet to 190 aircraft goes away with the new deal, according to Vice President Finance and Treasurer Mike Kraupp, who added that the Continental Express fleet could grow to 221 since the new agreement allows for 15 additional growth aircraft to be added during the term of the contract.

It also includes the ability to replace 75 aircraft, likely with larger regional jets should Continental obtain scope relief from pilots or, perhaps the Q400, if it does not, as rival Pinnacle is banking on with its large Q400 orders.

“The aircraft could be either or,” said Kraupp. “What we have to wait and see is what happens with scope between the United and Continental merger. That could mean additional larger gauge turboprops or larger gauge regional jets. But what we have done is create the rights to that business if that is what Continental wants us to do.”"

Minimum 50 seat aircraft that United will operate will be 125 + 75 replacement aircraft. Not much should change until 2016.

But who will fly 76 seat jets? ASA side already has everything they need to fly them. Will LXJT side furlough to the bottom of the ASA side if they lose a 50 seat jet replaced with a 76 seat CRJ?

Looks like L-XJT should be looking pretty hard at getting a contract done so they can get a single list.

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...-in-continued-us-regional-consolidation-32650

"The new agreement includes the current CPA fleet of 206 XJT Embraer 145 aircraft for a 10-year term with five years of rate protection and a 2015 rate reset. The scheduled reduction of XJT’s fleet to 190 aircraft goes away with the new deal, according to Vice President Finance and Treasurer Mike Kraupp, who added that the Continental Express fleet could grow to 221 since the new agreement allows for 15 additional growth aircraft to be added during the term of the contract.

It also includes the ability to replace 75 aircraft, likely with larger regional jets should Continental obtain scope relief from pilots or, perhaps the Q400, if it does not, as rival Pinnacle is banking on with its large Q400 orders.

“The aircraft could be either or,” said Kraupp. “What we have to wait and see is what happens with scope between the United and Continental merger. That could mean additional larger gauge turboprops or larger gauge regional jets. But what we have done is create the rights to that business if that is what Continental wants us to do.”"

Nice quote of a 2+ yr old article that is basically useless info at this point in time.

But who will fly 76 seat jets? ASA side already has everything they need to fly them. Will LXJT side furlough to the bottom of the ASA side if they lose a 50 seat jet replaced with a 76 seat CRJ?

Eventually the lists will merge so it does not matter.

If the replacement is operating under L-XJT CPA, then no they won't do that. If they play games with the CPAs to get around the TPA I don't think they'll like the outcome.

If the replacement is operating under L-XJT CPA, then no they won't do that. If they play games with the CPAs to get around the TPA I don't think they'll like the outcome.

At least one ASA pilot gets it and isn't using flame bait to scare us into not agreeing to a concessionary contract. The only way around the TPA is for Skywest to get UAL to renegotiate a whole new and separate CPA for the ASA side (and I wouldn't bet that that is legit either). Otherwise, if they exercise these clauses in the current CPA, those additional and larger aircraft are required to go to the LXJT side. Doesn't matter to me. I've got plan B and working on plan C.

Nice quote of a 2+ yr old article that is basically useless info at this point in time.

The article is old, but the provisions about larger aircraft if United relaxes scope are still relevant. That is the reason for quoting what I did, then sighting the entire article as a source.

At least one ASA pilot gets it and isn't using flame bait to scare us into not agreeing to a concessionary contract. The only way around the TPA is for Skywest to get UAL to renegotiate a whole new and separate CPA for the ASA side (and I wouldn't bet that that is legit either). Otherwise, if they exercise these clauses in the current CPA, those additional and larger aircraft are required to go to the LXJT side. Doesn't matter to me. I've got plan B and working on plan C.

Where does it say that if leases expire that hey have to replace the ERJ with another A/C flown by LXJC?
Any actual source you can point to?
I say this because if it does not actually say that they can't do that, then Skywest will do whatever they want.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back