• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United and Continental - Scope is NOT for Sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CrucianPilot, you are correct. I don't know how things have changed, nor have I ever actually known what they were like before. I haven't worked for either company; but I have worked at a ALPA shop and a Teamster shop. I really hope that you are correct and your rep's have honor and integrity. I also hope that both unions stand united in defense of CAL's scope. I also hope that UAL mgt is willing negotiate. As was stated earlier in this thread, this could be the last stand for the profession of aviation. I hope the union is successful, I really do. But I think the odds are slim and the furloughs need to ask themselves if it really worth it.

BTW... What are you willing to give up to keep it and expand the scope to United?

Last edited:
CrucianPilot, you are correct. I don't know how things have changed, nor have I ever actually known what they were like before. I haven't worked for either company; but I have worked at a ALPA shop and a Teamster shop. I really hope that you are correct and your rep's have honor and integrity. I also hope that both unions stand united in defense of CAL's scope. I also hope that UAL mgt is willing negotiate. As was stated earlier in this thread, this could be the last stand for the profession of aviation. I hope the union is successful, I really do. But I think the odds are slim and the furloughs need to ask themselves if it really worth it.

BTW... What are you willing to give up to keep it and expand the scope to United?

We are willing to give up our "On Time" bonus checks every month. Throttle 'em back ladies, time for a good 'ole fashioned slooooooowdownnnn. (Once we are legally allowed of course ;) )

We're not giving up a DAMN thing!

I hope the union is successful, I really do. But I think the odds are slim and the furloughs need to ask themselves if it really worth it.

Hate to be a stickler, but WTF are you getting at? The furolughees don't have J O B S if CAL-UAL caves on scope...

Nimitz, I don't mind you being a stickler. Your point is correct, what jobs will there be? Answer: Go-Jets. There are furloughed UAL pilots flying for Go-Jets. Thats what furloughees have to look forward to if the union(s) fail. At least they get 2nd year pay. Good Luck, I hoped I struck a little fear into the pilot group to fight harder and throw out their rep's if the act like they may fold and conceed to mgt. I don't want to be melodramatic, but this merger might be the only thing keeping all of us from being "bus drivers" and earning the same wage.

Big turboprops, 50 seat RJs, 70 seaters, 90 seaters..... Brand scope guys. Brand scope. Bring that idea back and implement it.

Can someone order 10,000 "SCOPE IS NOT FOR SALE" bag stickers?

Every UAL/CAL pilot needs to have these on their flight kits ASAP.

-CF

Latest resources

Back