United and Continental - Scope is NOT for Sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CheapFlyer,

the "scope is not for sale" sticker is a great idea. if we continue to give on scope, then there won't be any jobs left at mainline to demand more pay for, making the FUPM sticker completely irrelevant. we need a new sticker!

anything less than 76 seats can go to regionals

So what are you saying? Management can remove one seat out of a 76 seater and outsource!!! Also, we need to be careful going forward with weight restrictions on mainline jets. The new age of carbon fiber and composite is here, bigger jets will get lighter!

Yogi

If your going to take back scope, then get rid of all flying over 19 seats.. Most of those ExpressJet routes can easily be flown by mainline pilots.

This is America, everything is for sale. I back you guys 100% in your efforts but history says the baby boomers will once again sell out the profession for some quick cash. Stand strong guys! A pay raise means nothing if you aren't employed to enjoy it.

Any outsourcing should not be allowed!!! A company like XJT should not even have existed.

We tried to be one with you. Didn't happen. You can thank Tripson and his minions for that one. He should be working on his 7th or 8th heart attack by now.

You guys at U.A.L. could have stopped this by doing the right thing in 1991 when U.A.L bought Air Wisconsin, and that was "triggering" ALPA merger policy.......But no... lets just "screw our ALPA brothers at ARW and take their slots at ORD and be on our merry way!

Southwest has a "NO RJ" clause in our contract so it's a possibility. Not sure what you guys are going to have to "give up" to get it but go for it!

Gup

You guys at U.A.L. could have stopped this by doing the right thing in 1991 when U.A.L bought Air Wisconsin, and that was "triggering" ALPA merger policy.......But no... lets just "screw our ALPA brothers at ARW and take their slots at ORD and be on our merry way!

You're correct. I remember clearly Steve Wolf calling me at home and asking me " so should we screw the pilots at Wisconsin." I of course said "yeah sure Steve (we were on a first name basis) go for it!!

Latest resources

Back