• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United 93 Movie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever Dude, have a good night. I am done on this one. I was not trying to hijack the thread BTW. I think it's relevent conversation.

Glad you liked the "movie".

Great movie! Very intense especially the takeover which was hard to view for me and towards the end as they rushed.....

Another part that was unreal was the communication between the military and the FAA.....the response wasn't nearly fast enough....I was just shaking my head.....

We'll never forget!!!

Melon said:
Tubelcane, I thought of all the responses I could give you but none of them are worth it to stoop to a personal attack.

I guess everyone with a differing opinion than yours is a tool? I think it is important to question the government from time to time...I don't trust everything I see on Faux News, do you? Maybe it was shot down, maybe not. The truth is we will never know.

As for having any reason why I should believe your thoery it wasn't shot down, you provided no evidence like a few others on this thread have. I am more inclined to believe them than I am you. Nice try though:rolleyes:.

Melon, you are pretty much a tool. Questioning your government means following issues and your elected officials actions, not making shiat up, then prostituting it as something we should all be outraged about.

And your statement "the truth is, we may never know" is about as asinine as I have seen on these conspiracy threads. Typical nutjob arrogance--to presume YOU know more about the truth than the professionals directly involved. Professionals with a lot more knowledge and experience in their trades than some freak on the internet. Professionals like accident investigators, military pilots, engineers, ATC controllers, etc.

You parade some wild theory full of factual holes and too many assumptions as FACT, then when you are presented with the real facts by professionals who know a lot more, you discount their statements and continue to support YOURS as somehow superior.

Quite frankly, I am astounded that people with this kind of mentality are able to even function in our society. Get a clue, drop your vanity/arrogance and listen to what others, who might just know more than you and your fellow nutjobs do, are telling you.

Flight 93 was hijacked. Flight 93 was intentionally crashed by the hijackers. The cockpit tapes support this, the FDR supports this, the accident investigators support this.

Flight 93 was NOT SHOT down. The cockpit tapes support this, the FDR supports this, the accident investigators support this, the military experts-here and elsewhere-support this and have given you reasons to back it up.

Drop it or go live in a shack in Montana and write your manifesto.

/Flame over.

MAGNUM!! said:
Dude, if an American Fighter Pilot shot down UAL 93, I'd have heard about it. We gossip more than wives. If the US Gov't shot down this plane, a fighter pilot didn't pull the trigger.

Late reply but MAG is exactly right! Those that think 93 was shot down have never been in the military or involved in mil aviation for sure. Word gets around, quickly! We are a little sewing circle when it comes to gossip. If you want something kept secret, then don't tell a crew dog or anyone in the government. Further, a multi-million dollar book deal would have brought a flight 93 shooter out of the wood work by now. Most of the guys sitting alert are guard guys probably furloughed or flying for a major anyway. Point is: the secret would have been out by now.

The only conspiracy theory I have ever heard other mil pilots talk about is regarding Ron Brown in Kosovo. Never heard any one talk about a 9/11 coverup.

CCDiscoB said:
As someone who flew that day, and attended many 9/11 debriefs, I can tell you UAL was not shot down. I get asked that question often.

The facts are:
Pre-9/11 alert aircraft were loaded with a hot gun only. The military aircraft that were on training flights, and were diverted to assist on that day certainly didn't have anything loaded.

The F-16 that was enroute to UAL 93 was nowhere near it (as was stated before). How far away do you think a US missile can be fired and still hit it's target? I can tell you that had the F-16 been armed with a missile, it was not in range.

The F-16 (block-30) radar could not have "sorted" the "target" without asking someone if he had the correct contact, never mind even seeing him out at 100 miles.

Had a missile hit the aircraft, there would have been some indication on the CVR and FDR, and the phone calls that orginated from the flight.

This surprises you? If an Airbus tail can sheer-off on take-off due to wake turb, do you think any tail would stand up to a near vertical plunge?

That's not true, we did know. In fact we knew about it before CNN started talking about the flight.

Hey, I was just stating what was right after the movie. Yes, I agree, a tail could come off from overstress, but it could also come off with a missle. The movie was good, but complete speculation on board flight 93.

kevdog said:
Hey, I was just stating what was right after the movie. Yes, I agree, a tail could come off from overstress, but it could also come off with a missle. The movie was good, but complete speculation on board flight 93.

True, and a tail shot off would have evidence of missile fragments and explosive residue, as opposed to a tail coming off from overstress, which the metal would show stress fractures and cracking that the investigators would have analysed under microscope.

So I guess since no missile fragments, missile damage or explosive evidence or residue was found, you would now agree that it was not a missile.

Shoot down

MAGNUM!! said:
Dude, if an American Fighter Pilot shot down UAL 93, I'd have heard about it. We gossip more than wives. If the US Gov't shot down this plane, a fighter pilot didn't pull the trigger.

A bud in my guard unit was actually assigned to the squadron dispatched to intercept UAL 93 but it crashed before they made the intercept.
I think that the jet crashing was a lesser evil than if the viper pilot would have shot it down. I wouldn't have wanted to pull the trigger!
One mans opinion...

El-Rushbo said:
True, and a tail shot off would have evidence of missile fragments and explosive residue, as opposed to a tail coming off from overstress, which the metal would show stress fractures and cracking that the investigators would have analysed under microscope.

So I guess since no missile fragments, missile damage or explosive evidence or residue was found, you would now agree that it was not a missile.

I agree, as long as there wasn't a coverup in the investigation.

Latest resources

Back