• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uniform Nazi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will say now that I'm flying more out of ATL, some ATL crews look pretty crappy compared DFW crews. Just saw an F/O without a jacket, his sweater in his hand, and grease all over the back of his unironed shirt. And this was inside the terminal, 2 days in a row. Yes we do have regs on our uniforms, and most people tend to ignore it. Why even have them in the first place? It's called professionalism. And yes there are certain pilots in ATL that probably don't even own a hat. Don't want to mess up the dew. Only the probationary pilots follow the uniform rules. How can someone had a CP if he is just following company procedures? Sounds like a personal problem.

IFLYASA said:
I will say now that I'm flying more out of ATL, some ATL crews look pretty crappy compared DFW crews. Just saw an F/O without a jacket, his sweater in his hand, and grease all over the back of his unironed shirt. And this was inside the terminal, 2 days in a row. Yes we do have regs on our uniforms, and most people tend to ignore it. Why even have them in the first place? It's called professionalism. And yes there are certain pilots in ATL that probably don't even own a hat. Don't want to mess up the dew. Only the probationary pilots follow the uniform rules. How can someone had a CP if he is just following company procedures? Sounds like a personal problem.

You must have been in ATR world.

Well, if you think that was bad, go over to the Bada Bing Lounge in ATR world sometime. (That's the concourse D crew lounge for you Dallas folks).

So just out of curiosity, if an ATL CP <GASP!> enforced uniform policy, would he be attacked for it on these boards?

CF34-3B1 said:
So just out of curiosity, if an ATL CP <GASP!> enforced uniform policy, would he be attacked for it on these boards?

Can you imagine? A Chief actually enforcing the rules....what a novel concept.

ifly4food said:
Well, if you think that was bad, go over to the Bada Bing Lounge in ATR world sometime. (That's the concourse D crew lounge for you Dallas folks).
Hey - they are letting us out of the asylum and we're coming to fly with you.

I'll go to bat for the CP in question. He has a pretty good reputation for backing pilots over maintenance and scheduling issues. Besides, it is wintertime, the hat helps keep the noggin warm.

e120pilot said:
Yelling at crew members in the terminal for uniform infractions...
B.S. I've known this guy for six years and never heard him raise his voice to anybody.
asacap said:
He is of the highest level of incompetence.
More B.S. The DFW chief pilots are all pretty good guys, but the "Nazi" is the only one who consistently gets things done for pilots.

Ted, Gorditas, and Metrosheriff are right on the money: this guy's reputation was built by a handful of loudmouthed slobs. You have to comply with all the other S.P.'s...why should uniform policies be any different?

I can say this without reservation: there is no better guy to have in your corner if you're in a jam with the company.

(...just make sure your tie's straight. :D )

What's up with the ATR bashin'? Maybe we are a little rough around the edges, but we don't look like A&P/Night-Cargo guys.

The problem isn't with the CP, it's with the "I'm too coll for school" fellas. Here's one for ya, if you think your cool, you probably aren't.

I fail to see what the big deal is with complying to uniform standards....the airline job is laid out simply:
1. Fly company airplanes
2. Fly company profiles consistent with safety
3. Wear company uniform.

Who put the gun to your head to be an airline pilot? If the uniform is such a burden, perhaps you are not ready for a job that requires one....

Latest resources

Back