Uniform Nazi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

socrates1

Good news for ATL. I just read that the uniform nazi is going to SLC. I understand we all should look professional, but he goes overboard.

socrates1 said:
Good news for ATL. I just read that the uniform nazi is going to SLC. I understand we all should look professional, but he goes overboard.
As I remember, he sets a fine example himself! Nice suspenders!

There is (to the amazement of a few
idiots) a heck of a lot more to being
a professional pilot than keeping your
hat on straight!

I heard that one of our "persons" berated
a FO for undoing his tie and collar in
the cockpit. So we don't have a door...
I will undo my tie and collar any time I
feel the need once I'm up in the front
office. I expect the same of my FO's!

I have had the pleasure of dealing with him a couple of times. He is of the highest level of incompetence. I think that is why he is on his uniform crusade. I'm sorry for all the SLC people who have to deal with him. By the way, he looks like crap at all times. He is the wrong person to be leading this crusade.

Bureaucracy:

Reward incompetence.

Create baffles.

Punish creativity.

Expand management.

Squeeze labor.

Sound familiar?

As if the original uniform nazi wasn't bad enough, now he has his new partner in crime going out there as an asst. chief pilot (FF). No question, 2 of the biggest A-holes out there. Y'all have fun out there in SLC. What a great way to ruin a base before it even opens. I'll take lazy rampers and flow delays any day of the week before I go deal with Dumb and Dumber in SLC.

Hey guys,

Sorry but I will have to respectfully disagree. I have never heard him ask anyone to do anything but comply with the rules. Frankly, we have some people who look like crap and if a CP can’t tell you to shape up, who can? Some of this stems from ATL guys coming out to DFW and getting asked about their hats. I myself noticed that in ATL nobody seems to have a hat long before he was in his current position. No I am not the hat Nazi, but it is annoying when you comply with the rules and others don’t with impunity. In DFW I think everyone interacts more with each other. And since you have line of sight on all of the CP’s within the secretary’s office, we run into them a lot. I think that he is a case of a guy who’s legend became worse then the actual person. He is really funny but has a very dry sense of humor. Lots of people miss it. Also, he doesn’t take crap from anyone including the company. I was actually shocked to see him get the job again. If I have a problem, he is who I would see first. If scheduling is wrong, he will tell them. As for the suspenders thing… I heard him one day respond to being called “suspender boy.” He said, “hey, I have no butt and no one wants to see my pants fall down.” Can’t say that I disagree!

All of the DFW CP’s were as shocked as the rest of us about the base closure. I have heard all of them talk about how the company should have given more advance guidance. We had people closing on houses the day of the announcement! No I am not a company man, and “Suspender Boy” is most likely the least “company man” of all the CP’s I’ve met. I just sold my house yesterday, my wife is interviewing for jobs in ATL. I finished flying six days in a row the day after Thanksgiving, and was told to “standby” several times during those 6 days. There is plenty to complain about here, I just don’t think that “Suspender Boy” needs to be a focus. It just irks me when people spout off crap about people that they might not even know outside of the urban legends.

Just a few thoughts,

Gorditas

It goes way beyond the hat thing. It's not an issue if he's trying to get people to do what's required. It's the way he goes about doing it that's a problem. Yelling at crew members in the terminal for uniform infractions isn't acceptable. I'm not talking about things I've heard about, I'm talking about things I've actually witnessed. He talks a big talk, but can't get much done because NO ONE in ATL likes him. I agree he isn't a company man, but you've gotta have some friends to get things done. ATL has plenty of CP's that can help you because they actually get along with some of the people in scheduling or other departments.

I know there are people who like the guy, but you're just in the extreme minority. Have fun in SLC, just remember to properly space those wings and name plate!

Gorditas said:
Hey guys,

Sorry but I will have to respectfully disagree. I have never heard him ask anyone to do anything but comply with the rules. Frankly, we have some people who look like crap and if a CP can’t tell you to shape up, who can? Some of this stems from ATL guys coming out to DFW and getting asked about their hats. I myself noticed that in ATL nobody seems to have a hat long before he was in his current position. No I am not the hat Nazi, but it is annoying when you comply with the rules and others don’t with impunity. In DFW I think everyone interacts more with each other. And since you have line of sight on all of the CP’s within the secretary’s office, we run into them a lot. I think that he is a case of a guy who’s legend became worse then the actual person. He is really funny but has a very dry sense of humor. Lots of people miss it. Also, he doesn’t take crap from anyone including the company. I was actually shocked to see him get the job again. If I have a problem, he is who I would see first. If scheduling is wrong, he will tell them. As for the suspenders thing… I heard him one day respond to being called “suspender boy.” He said, “hey, I have no butt and no one wants to see my pants fall down.” Can’t say that I disagree!

All of the DFW CP’s were as shocked as the rest of us about the base closure. I have heard all of them talk about how the company should have given more advance guidance. We had people closing on houses the day of the announcement! No I am not a company man, and “Suspender Boy” is most likely the least “company man” of all the CP’s I’ve met. I just sold my house yesterday, my wife is interviewing for jobs in ATL. I finished flying six days in a row the day after Thanksgiving, and was told to “standby” several times during those 6 days. There is plenty to complain about here, I just don’t think that “Suspender Boy” needs to be a focus. It just irks me when people spout off crap about people that they might not even know outside of the urban legends.

Just a few thoughts,

Gorditas

Couldn't have said it better. He is the ONLY one that has lifted a finger for me and many others around here. He's 1000X better than the other no-loads that we have for CPs. Most of the ones in ATL are too busy sucking up to CS and DB, hoping to be the next one over in the puzzle palace. The CPs are so neutered by management, the only thing they can do is discipline you. I have been told numerous times by numerous other chiefs (after obvious contract violations) that I'll just have to grieve it. I would rather work for "suspender boy" than any of the others.

Ted Striker said:
Couldn't have said it better. He is the ONLY one that has lifted a finger for me and many others around here. He's 1000X better than the other no-loads that we have for CPs. Most of the ones in ATL are too busy sucking up to CS and DB, hoping to be the next one over in the puzzle palace. The CPs are so neutered by management, the only thing they can do is discipline you. I have been told numerous times by numerous other chiefs (after obvious contract violations) that I'll just have to grieve it. I would rather work for "suspender boy" than any of the others.
Agreed 110%

For every no hat, backpack carrying, long sideburned "Robert made me cry" story, there are a dozen "Robert picked up the phone for me and called scheduling and fixed it." stories.

I was in line behind an FO a few days ago at Wendy's. No hat, no jacket, sideburns just about down to his chin. He looked like he'd seen too many reruns of 90210. RC sometimes has a valid point, whether or not you agree with his methods.

Latest resources

Back