Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a divisive cesspool SLI's from everywhere become-

Please- we all know where we all stand in relation to SWA/at, and east-west

I'm curious about the responses of cal/UAL pilots about this decision, not the rehashing of previous-
As I'm sure most lurkers agree-
I apologize for my previous remarks- please let cal/UAL have this thread

CAL side got screwed like a $2 wh@re. Congrats on the windfall LUAL. Any of you want to help TP the CAL MC's houses?

Read this award and you'll see just why you should have been scared, and just why people like me were so adamant about going to arbitration. The CAL committee basically made the same arguments you guys have been making since this whole things started ("we make lots more money, our company is more stable, yada, yada, yada"), and the arbitrators basically tossed those arguments aside and said "yeah, that's nice and all, but both companies needed each other to prosper long-term, so we're calling it all a wash and only looking at seniority."

I didn't know that UAL aquired CAL, I thought it was a merger. :confused:

"yeah, that's nice and all, but both companies needed each other to prosper long-term,

Not true for SWA, we just needed you short term, to go away. It was a cheap price to pay when you look at the final price, and unfortunately for you, you came at a discount bargain. Once again, it wasn't about two equal carriers in anyones eyes.

What a shock that you don't understand what went on with this Award. Read it. You'll learn that these three arbitrators probably would've come up with exact same result as Nicolau. They would've fully considered the length of service of the furloughees and concluded their poor career expectation overrode it.

Furthermore, you Easties should learn once again that putting forth an unreasonable proposal only pisses of the arbitrators. After reading the text of this Award I believe it is completely reasonable. Assuming we progress to an AA-US SLI I pray USAPA learns from this since you're obviously incapable of doing so.

Your first paragraph is pure speculation. The arbitrators took into account the lopsided wide body scenario. Usair had 767 and 330's AW had .........

You can blame Katz for the shoot for the moon mentality. Once again his entire proposal was thrown out due to being unreasonable and not following policy.

Exactly General. Here comes Red, arrogance and all. How many times have we demonstrated the numerous benefits AirTran brought to the table: Planes, Options, International service, I.T. TECHNOLOGY, operational efficiencies, higher retirement company contribution, ATL access, etc. etc. Yet we keep hearing the same old BS line from him and his ilk while they steal every last AirTran 717 & 737 Capt. seat thus forcing an involuntary downgrade and associated pay cut, along with 25-35% loss of our seniority. "One LUV", "Golden Rule"...what a crock.

Word around the popcorn machine here at the FBO is that Citrus had Capt slots and walked from that deal.

What a shock that you don't understand what went on with this Award. Read it. You'll learn that these three arbitrators probably would've come up with exact same result as Nicolau. They would've fully considered the length of service of the furloughees and concluded their poor career expectation overrode it.

Furthermore, you Easties should learn once again that putting forth an unreasonable proposal only pisses of the arbitrators. After reading the text of this Award I believe it is completely reasonable. Assuming we progress to an AA-US SLI I pray USAPA learns from this since you're obviously incapable of doing so.

It's written in the award.....United "troubled" but not a chronic loser about to liquidate like usair was.....not like some previous mergers of unequals with one much weaker party (gee I wonder who they're referring to....)

Last edited:
You've got the wrong guy PCL.

I was never scared of arby. What did you bring? Parking passes? Please.

Funny isnt it - You sound exactly like the CAL and UAL pilots that spent a year arguing over the superiority of their respective airline. We can now see exactly what the result was. Even after this lesson you continue to do the same thing. The difference between you and them is this; neither you, nor your union had the integrity to use the arbitration process.

Even after this lesson in humility versus hubris, you continue to puff yourself up like a lizard and repeat the same tired hyperbole. Are you really that much of a fool, that even with this arbitration, you still can't see the forest ?

Usair had 767 and 330's AW had .........
... a future beyond May, 2005.
You can blame Katz for the shoot for the moon mentality. Once again his entire proposal was thrown out due to being unreasonable and not following policy.
What's that old expression, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Katz only gets a little blame -- both times.

Word around the popcorn machine here at the FBO is that Citrus had Capt slots and walked from that deal.

Do they talk about the decade of being forced to the bottom of the Captain list, until every SWA F.O. that is below you upgrades to seniority ahead of you ? The decade of being the junior Captain at every base in the system ? The loss of 35% seniority in exchange for the privilege of keeping the same seat ?

Too complicated for popcorn machine talk perhaps.

Latest resources

Back