Unfamiliar at night list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingduck

I am attempting to put together a list for my dispatch of airports that have instrument approaches but the Jepp plate says "Not recommended for night use by unfamiliar pilots" Hailey ID KSUN, Kelowna BC CYLW, Kamloops CYKA, Penticton BC CYYF are a few that come to mind but I am looking to add to the list can anyone help

ASE closes at sunset. It's best not to go there or you'll find yourself on a 30 day vacation courtesy of the FAA.

Some companies (airlines) have waivers to go there, that's the only reason there's any traffic there after dark.

night and mountain

They certainly don't go together very well, especially at the Colorado airports.

There are enough issues with Aspen during the day, why would anyone want to do it at night. Eagle is basically the same thing with a little more leeway. Rifle isn't so bad but does anybody actually go in there at night? I'd have to guess Grand Junction is the closest to those airports I would consider at night...still wouldn't like it though.

I'd fly the ILS into RIL at night, as long as the winds allow a landing to the west. I've done it a few times, I just catch the glideslope from above and stay on it. That's about as crazy as we get, our department is pretty conservative.

Here is our company list...

Day Only:
19NCamden County, Berlin, NJ
FWNSussex, NJ
N10Perkiomen Valley, Collegeville, PA
SMQSomerset Airport, Somerville, NJ
CLM2—Leamington, Ontario, Canada (no customs or canpass)
W75—Hummel Field Airport, Saluda, Va.

Night with prior experience only (either captain or co-pilot):
20NKingston, NY
8B0Rangeley, ME
07FA – Ocean Reef Club, Key Largo, FL
MD31 – Forest Hill, Forest Hills, MD

ASE closes at sunset. It's best not to go there or you'll find yourself on a 30 day vacation courtesy of the FAA.

Some companies (airlines) have waivers to go there, that's the only reason there's any traffic there after dark.

It does??????
Might want to re-check that info. There are literally dozens of operators who routinely fly into KASE at night, including 91 and 135 ops.
My latest info has the airport open until 2300LT for arrivals and 2230LT for departures.

Latest resources

Back